• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

For the short period of time that Fortune was on the pitch today, he showed exactly what we have been missing from our front line. He won headers, shielded the ball expertly and bought others into the game, all in all a real handful for the Posh defence. It's early days yet but if he continues like that then Mooney might find himself warming the bench for a while.

Totally agree. I'd guess he's earned himself a start against Orient on Tuesday .... lucky him!! Linked well with others, especially Cox who also looked a class above .... and that was no open goal .... "a fast ball from Lennie played slightly behind Cox, wrong footing him and making it impossible to get a clean strike at goal from a rather tight angle" as DWB says. Hope the pair start up front Tuesday.

What Cox open goal? I didn't see one. What I saw was a fast ball from Lennie played slightly behind Cox, wrong footing him and making it impossible to get a clean strike at goal from a rather tight angle

Funnily enough, that's exactly what I saw.

Just on the performance today so far it's Fortune 1 Moaners 0

Now that Cox has someone to play off I think Brown will go back to a 4-4-2. He'll bring in a holding midfielder and drop one of the CB's to the bench. The wing backs will revert to full backs and we should get a lot more possession of the ball. Hopefully that will mean we were less vulnerable at the sharp end of the game. Onwards and upwards.

When it was first announced we was after a 35yr old forward I did wonder if we need yet another OAP in the squad. But from his short display today I look to have been proved wrong. Had some good link up play, held the ball up well and won almost all his headers.

Although Fortune, Cox and Mooney will have to put some shifts in to keep their places in the starting 11 when Ranger is back. Spoke to him outside and he said he was hopeful of making the bench for Tuesday.

Interesting. If Ranger is fit, do we start Ranger or Fortune?

A nice problem for PB to have. It might be a little early for Ranger, we shall see. Either of them will make my £5 ticket look like very good value.:thumbsup:

Has to be Fortune with Cox after today. Ranger did not join in the contact games on Friday, so Tuesday maybe to soon but 20minutes late on might be possible. Dare say they will give him a decent test on Monday before deciding.

Probably helped that Fortune has been around the club for some time before signing, 23's matches etc. Looked ready to go the moment he came on.

Inclined to agree Rigsby, though by Ranger's tweets, he is also itching to get out there - and the 20 minutes we were privileged to witness at Sheffield Utd are testimony to how potent a force he is.

According to Pb's post match interview, he said Nile was about 2 games away. Depending on the coming week and how he does in training, I wouldn't be surprised to see him come on for the last 10 minutes or so on Tuesday night.......If we are still drawing with B'orient, he might stand a chance.... Otherwise, if we are winning (or losing) by a big margin... I think we wont risk him in the (insert name here) Trophy match.

I wouldn't be surprised for him not make an appearance at the away game V Rochdale, or even the home match against chesterfield. I think he is most likely to come back fully match fit for the tough away game with Bradford in just over a fortnights time.

Anyway, as for fortune. I'm happy with a Cox & Fortune partnership up front. Perhaps Mooney sitting in the hole behind wouldn't be bad, but that leaves us nothing left on the bench really.

I'm very glad all the doubters have been silenced, long may it continue.
I'm sure they'll be out spouting their crap before long but for now it's nice to have them not posting coz the bloke done well. IMO

Well, it seems we may almost be back to the old days of having 2 pairs of strikers.

You put on one pair for the beginning of the match and if they can't breakthrough, you put on the other pair. If they are successful then they get to start the next game ......... and so on.

Someone will now tell me that this wouldn't work in "the modern game" but I would be quite happy to give it a go.

Ranger. He's younger, hungrier and a more deadly striker from what I have seen. He's also a much better partner for Cox as has been proven. He is the only striker that Cox goes up a gear for. Cox knows that he can make a run and the ball will come from Ranger as shown at Sheffield. When Ranger is 100% fit, then Fortune should be his back up, and also will be a good sub to bring on.

Ranger look powerful & deadly on my Fifa 17! It's an nice problem for PB & it's fantastic to know that we have options on the bench, unlike the first 6 games of the season that we had a weak bench ��

After Ranger's sensational debut at Sheffield.U. and Fortune' 's highly impressive showing on Saturday,I think we may have found 2 worthy understudies to Jason Williams !

Back