• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anybody that is prepared to take a gamble on this, is entitled to a huge slice of the action in my opinion.
Is a bad deal, better than no deal ? (I've heard that before, somewhere !!)

Ron didn't think so, that's why he walked away. Ron now says he has a better deal for the club and no doubt himself and good luck to him if he has.

So lets put him in charge of Brexit.

If we get a yes from the council this summer work will start next spring and we could move in in 2021 with the stadium fully operational in 2022

Other summer dates for Development Control Committee are 4 July and 1 August.

Other summer dates for Development Control Committee are 4 July and 1 August.

Or it could be:-

12 Sep 2018 2.00 pm
3 Oct 2018 2.00 pm
7 Nov 2018 2.00 pm
12 Dec 2018 2.00 pm
9 Jan 2019 2.00 pm
6 Feb 2019 2.00 pm
3 Apr 2019 2.00 pm
5 Jun 2019 2.00 pm

As the Agreed Expiry Date for planning application 17/00733/FULM is now been amended to Wed 31 Oct 2018, I would say 3 Oct 2018 2.00 pm is the favourite.

Also just noticed that the Expiry Date Sun 03 Jul 2107 so we may have longer to wait than we thought. :stunned:

https://publicaccess.southend.gov.u...tails.do?activeTab=dates&keyVal=OP5V4LPALRI00

Anybody that is prepared to take a gamble on this, is entitled to a huge slice of the action in my opinion.
Is a bad deal, better than no deal ? (I've heard that before, somewhere !!)

If he gets planning permission the Fossetts and RH projects = circa £400m. The cost of the land (including the football club debts) on which the development will occur = circa £20m (or 5% of project value).

With planning permission the value of the land rockets to the point that finding backers will not be hard given the ££ RM will be contributing in terms of land value/collateral.

In addition RM has already explained that significant elements of the project (retail and I think hotel) or forward funded by the future occupants.

Chelsea have held up building new stadium citing ‘Unfavourable investment climate’. Does this scare those of us that were thinking that Fossets is very near to coming off?

No, think Chelsea's problem is that Roman Abramovich visa has been delayed, and although he can enter the UK with his newly acquired Israeli passport he is unable to work or invest.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44315033

Some further documents - ‘design and access statements’ - were uploaded to the council planning portal yesterday

These 2 documents appear to be the full final plans for everything.

Design and Access Statement Volume One is 98 pages/drawings.
Design and Access Statement Volume Two is 106 pages/drawings.

Link: http://publicedrms.southend.gov.uk/...arch&viewdocs=true&SDescription=17/00733/FULM

Have not wadded through it all yet, but it still looks like a phased build, so three sided stadium to start with.

ypv1qK.png

BDSesK.png

qxuUvZ.png

Last edited:
Yay! Back to the 3 sided bollocks again!

Worse than Ox U, we get two ends and a side; they got two sides and an end. It being the north side missing it might be a tad drafty in the full dark winter months.

Won’t the stand missing be the main stand?

Looks okay to me, could well be good reason for a two-stage development, besides if that part of the scheme doesn’t progress then there would be no academy...

If it's one season without the Main Stand then that's just about ok. It's listed as Phase 2 but really the Main Stand is the 4th stage of the project.
Problem we have with a three sided ground without a Main Stand is the ground will not have any 'Wow' factor and could look odd for many seasons. I ask the question again - how many clubs have ever built a new ground without a Main Stand?

Bear in mind the main stand is funded differently so is shown as a different phase. However it is still possible that these phases may move closer together. I believe this main stand will be forward funded via the hotel partner.

Bear in mind the main stand is funded differently so is shown as a different phase. However it is still possible that these phases may move closer together. I believe this main stand will be forward funded via the hotel partner.

that was my understanding as well, given that whoever builds the hotel will want to get a return as quickly as possible we may well see the main stand finished before the rest of the stadium

Verdict on Southend United’s new stadium to replace Roots Hall delayed.

7926337.jpg

ECHO said:
Plans for Southend United’s new stadium have not reached a council agenda despite being submitted more than a year ago.

Club chairman Ron Martin has reassured fans there are no major problems despite further delays.

The plans were submitted at the end of April last year and registered by planning officers in June that year.

They were expected to be scrutinised by Southend Council’s development control committee in January, but were then delayed until the summer.

And the plans for the multi-million pound stadium on Fossetts Farm, Eastern Avenue are still not ready to be considered by Southend Council’s development control committee.

Mr Martin said the scale of the 21,000-seater stadium application, which includes flats, shops and restaurants, as well as a hotel, is so large, discussions over the details have taken a long time.

He said: “There is no hold up.

“The council continue to do their due diligence, which the club understands.

“This is, after all, a very considerable planning application covering a number of disciplines.

“The council has recently requested the club undertake additional pedestrian and traffic surveys.

“That further work will be completed in June but are not expected to materially affect the application.”

Mr Martin added: “We continue to collaborate with the council planners and remain patient.

“We are, of course, also being very keen to progress the clubs plans to the development phase.

“It is important for us to maintain our adopted programme.

“The club’s future both on and off the field depends upon it.”

A spokesman for Southend Council claimed it had not made any predictions about when the plans would be heard and confirmed certain areas are still being looked at before the plans go before councillors.

The spokesman added: “We are still in liaison with the applicant and it will go to development control when the application is ready to be determined.

“Unfortunately we do not have an estimate of when that will be.”

This just looks like the council are trying to delay the Fossetts development and kick it into the long grass so they can push ahead with their own ridiculous Seaway and Queensway projects.

Why did they wait over a year to ask the club for additional pedestrian and traffic surveys?

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/162...ds-new-stadium-to-replace-roots-hall-delayed/

Back