• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Lomas

Manager
Hearing that we are one of the Football League clubs chasing Welling United's CB Fraser Franks. He is an England C international and helped Welling win the Conference South last season. He is also a former trainee at Chelsea. Franks has a release clause of £5,000 in his contract.

Admittedly, i saw this on Sky Sports but have since heard that we are one of the clubs interested.

I find this very hard to believe when we're close to signing Thompson permanently.

I love non league obscuritys as you pay nothing and they could turn out to be class.

Did you get it from here?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=459876047446678

Several Football League clubs are chasing Welling United centre-back Fraser Franks. The England C international helped Welling to win the Conference South last season and he has again impressed this term. Clubs in League One and League Two are thought to be weighing up a move for the former Chelsea trainee who is believed to have a release clause as little as £5,000 in his contract.

I find this very hard to believe when we're close to signing Thompson permanently.

Why?

Current options:
1. Phillips - injury concerns, 31 years old
2. Julian Bennett - yet to play, injury concerns, cover for left back
3. Luke Prosser
4. Adam Thompson - young

Getting another young CB seems like good planning for the future.

I'd really like us to look at Craig Robson at Bognor Regis Town, one of the best CB i've seen in non league. I also saw him playing in the WA state premier league in Australia and he was outstanding in a game for the WA rep team against Al-Ahli and had former brazil international Grafite in his pocket.

I'd really like us to look at Craig Robson at Bognor Regis Town, one of the best CB i've seen in non league. I also saw him playing in the WA state premier league in Australia and he was outstanding in a game for the WA rep team against Al-Ahli and had former brazil international Grafite in his pocket.

No harm with you dropping a line to the club if you have any non-league tips.

I thought the club encouraged fans to "be our scouts" a couple of seasons ago and recommend non-league players.

I've heard Chey Dunkley of Kiddermister's name a couple of times this season, released from Crewe and worked his way up non-league. His contract is out at the end of this season.

It's still there. Southend United, Plymouth Argyle, Notts County, Mansfield Town, Colchester United & Stevenage FC.......I know which one I would choose.

Yes, thats the one. It appears to have disappeared now.. :stunned: i just looked on there

Even worse than what I suspected your source was. Oh dear.

What motivates people to a) invent these rumours and b) pass them on as if they're a Sky Sports reporter? For example, "hearing that x is interested in y" when all you're doing is reading it off a useless website. That's not hearing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back