• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Freddy against Tranmere

HUTTON

Do you think freddy should start against tranmere, after all he is fresh, could cause a problem for there defence?

I think freddy and the goat should start with gray on the bench

Why change a winning team?

Bentley and Petts didn't walk back into the team after their injuries because of how well their replacements are doing and I'll suspect it'll be the same for Freddy.

I think we have to see what happens on Saturday - Goater or Gray (assuming he starts) could pick up a knock and Freddy would then have to start against Tranmere. As much as I'd love to see Freddy and Goater hit it off, if Gray plays a blinder on Saturday then he'll rightly keep his place.

Don't forget Lawson. He's obviously 4th choice but his performance on Saturday must at least warrant some thought for Tilly.

although lawson scored on sat if gray is fit i can see tilly recalling him as its an away game and will be tougher

eastwood will be on the bench v Tranmere. You heard it here first!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Sep. 07 2005,22:00)]eastwood will be on the bench v Tranmere. You heard it here first!
err........I just said it before you
rock.gif

Assuming Gray is fit, he'll start with the Goat Vs Swindon. Now as long as both come through the match and have played well and not picked up a knock they should rightfully start with Freddy replacing a tired Goater with 25minutes to go.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Sep. 07 2005,22:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Sep. 07 2005,22:00)]eastwood will be on the bench v Tranmere. You heard it here first!
err........I just said it before you  
rock.gif
I ment, first before me! Silly me!
down.gif
oops.gif
wink.gif

stick with the goat and wayney gray - give the gray dude some confidence

[b said:
Quote[/b] (hexagon_sun @ Sep. 07 2005,20:00)]I think we have to see what happens on Saturday - Goater or Gray (assuming he starts) could pick up a knock and Freddy would then have to start against Tranmere. As much as I'd love to see Freddy and Goater hit it off, if Gray plays a blinder on Saturday then he'll rightly keep his place.
Very good point. I might also add, expertly made.

Some fools have got the home and away games mixed up and think this one is on Friday.

hahahaha. Silly them

[b said:
And where will Oli be? No point in having him here on loan until January with a view to a permanent deal unless we intend to play him.
smile.gif

I don't think we should be assuming Eastwood is a going to be match sharp. He'll have missed 4 games and only played one reserve fixture in that time?

Also, if he walks straight back into the team that'd affect team spirit and the confidence of Goater/Gray.

For me, unless we've a injury crisis, he should start on the bench. He's got to win his place back - not walk straight back into the team.

I can see people's POV, but surely as Eastwood is one the best player in the league he should start, I agree with the policy of "keep the shirt", but surely Fred warrants an exception?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ Sep. 08 2005,09:50)]And where will Oli be? No point in having him here on loan until January with a view to a permanent deal unless we intend to play him.
smile.gif
Care to expand on this comment?
I thought Southend was "not a big enough move for Oli" and Grays were going to do everything to keep him?
Do you mean Campbell-Ryce from Rotherham?

Also, as already discussed elsewhere the maximum loan term is now 93 days, therefore if we sign someone today their last game would be 10 Dec!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ Sep. 08 2005,09:50)]And where will Oli be? No point in having him here on loan until January with a view to a permanent deal unless we intend to play him.
smile.gif
Erm... ¿Que?

Has Oli joined us on loan, or are you fishing...?!

suspect.gif
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ljubljana Branch @ Sep. 08 2005,10:47)]I can see people's POV, but surely as Eastwood is one the best player in the league he should start, I agree with the policy of "keep the shirt", but surely Fred warrants an exception?
But surely Gray's and Goater's better performances so far this season means they deserve their places in the side?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ljubljana Branch @ Sep. 08 2005,10:47)]I can see people's POV, but surely as Eastwood is one the best player in the league he should start, I agree with the policy of "keep the shirt", but surely Fred warrants an exception?
No, I don't think he does. There's no 'i' in team... but there is 'me' !!

A shrimper in Slovenia, marvellous, is it just you?!

Back