• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Freddy quote. re New Stadium decision

Bielzibubz

President
Taken from today's current bun.

"FREDDY EASTWOOD reckons Southend will soon be in with the Premiership’s big guns, writes GARY PAYNE. The Shrimpers were yesterday given the green light to build a new 22,000-seater ground.
Top scorer Eastwood said: "Hopefully, if we can stay in the Championship, the stadium will help us attract top-quality players who want to take Southend to the Premiership.
"Obviously we’re only a small club but it can be done."

Well blow me down, didn't expect to read that from the man.

I also think its possible.

I dream of a day when we're competing with West Ham in the same league as them.

Could happen next year!

It doesn't actually say when that quote was made. It could have been made weeks ago and in their editorial wisdom decided to put it together with yesterdays announcement.

I would have thought that if Freddy had said anything since yesterday either the Echo or the OS would have published it first.

Hmm, I'm with you on this though Smiffy. Regardless of when he said it perhaps, and I hope, he has changed his mind and wants to stay and help push us on to bigger and better things.

Perhaps it could be a key factor for him to say. Big fish in little pond and all that?

Anybody care to find out the odds on a bet of "Southend United to play in the top-tier of English football before 2018?"

Uxbridge Shrimper, over to you........

Anybody care to find out the odds on a bet of "Southend United to play in the top-tier of English football before 2018?"

Here £100 at odd of 10'000-1 for that to happen.

Back