• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Angell Delight

Life President
On the BBC board some City fans are saying Freddy is better than Leroy Lita - quite a compliment! They may be judging him on just the one performance but if he carries on like that he'll be worth a bomb in the transfer market, if Lita left City for £1m+ Freddy's gotta be in the same bracket if he continues scoring consistently.

I know he's an Essex lad and is more than happy to stay with us but if we don't win promotion this season I fear he'll be sold as with only one year left on his contract after this season it would be IMHO the correct time to sell and ensure we get the best possible price for the club while we can as he's better than L1 and at 22 the time would be right for him to test himself in the Championship. If we do manage successive promotions however I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Eastwood sign an extension as it's clear he loves it at the Hall. I hope the latter is true come May.....
wink.gif

For the statos amongst us, who was the last Blues player to score two hat-tricks in his Southend career?
rock.gif

I think Lita's got better physical attributes than Freddy, certainly strength but Freddy's got a bit more flair.

Lita was actually on Soccer AM and it was really refreshing to hear a professional footballer who seems so level headed.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ Oct. 29 2005,23:04)]For the statos amongst us, who was the last Blues player to score two hat-tricks in his Southend career?
rock.gif
Only two I can think of offhand are Leon Cort who definitely didn't and Jeroen Boere.......

ghostface.gif
wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ Oct. 29 2005,23:04)]For the statos amongst us, who was the last Blues player to score two hat-tricks in his Southend career?
rock.gif
Richard Cadette I think... 4 at home v Orient on his debut and didn't he also get a hat-trick against Northampton?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Oct. 29 2005,23:10)]
[b said:
rock.gif
Richard Cadette I think... 4 at home v Orient on his debut and didn't he also get a hat-trick against Northampton?
Having just checked...

The Northampton one was a 4-4 draw in the FA Cup, but he also got one against Rochdale in a 5-0 league thumping.  So he got 3 in total.

Billy Best got 9 hat tricks in his Southend United career  
biggrin.gif
In 1968/69 Billy and Gary Moore both scored consecutive hat-tricks in the FA Cup against Kings Lynn and then Brentwood Town. This remains an FA Cup record!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ Oct. 30 2005,00:04)]For the statos amongst us, who was the last Blues player to score two hat-tricks in his Southend career?
rock.gif
I thought it might have been Graeme Jones.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ Oct. 29 2005,22:27)]On the BBC board some City fans are saying Freddy is better than Leroy Lita - quite a compliment! They may be judging him on just the one performance but if he carries on like that he'll be worth a bomb in the transfer market, if Lita left City for £1m+ Freddy's gotta be in the same bracket if he continues scoring consistently.

I know he's an Essex lad and is more than happy to stay with us but if we don't win promotion this season I fear he'll be sold as with only one year left on his contract after this season it would be IMHO the correct time to sell and ensure we get the best possible price for the club while we can as he's better than L1 and at 22 the time would be right for him to test himself in the Championship. If we do manage successive promotions however I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Eastwood sign an extension as it's clear he loves it at the Hall. I hope the latter is true come May.....  
wink.gif
still think it was a wise decision not to go yesterday AD??

quote ''IMHO we'll get nothing at ashton gate''

are you gonna change your mind about going to barnet next week now??

you fairweather fan
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Oct. 30 2005,07:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ Oct. 30 2005,00:04)]For the statos amongst us, who was the last Blues player to score two hat-tricks in his Southend career?
rock.gif
I thought it might have been Graeme Jones.
laugh.gif

If you're talking about hat-tricks of misses, then he's got loads more than just two...
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (statski77 @ Oct. 30 2005,08:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ Oct. 29 2005,22:27)]On the BBC board some City fans are saying Freddy is better than Leroy Lita - quite a compliment! They may be judging him on just the one performance but if he carries on like that he'll be worth a bomb in the transfer market, if Lita left City for £1m+ Freddy's gotta be in the same bracket if he continues scoring consistently.

wink.gif
still think it was a wise decision not to go yesterday AD??

quote ''IMHO we'll get nothing at ashton gate''

are you gonna change your mind about going to barnet next week now??

you fairweather fan  
tounge.gif
Correct decision yes, and judging by the predictions of some on here I certainly wasn't the only one who believed we'd get nothing (particularly after City's midweek defeat). Still the fact that Brooker, Bridges and Stewart were all missing from their line-up made me think we'd got a decent chance of a point, I didn't expect all 3 but I'm delighted.

As for Barnet well it would obviously be nice if we were to get through but I won't be too bothered if we don't - the only thing that matters is the League given our current position. Cup football nearly wrecked our season last year and I don't want it to happen again. In any case if we do reach the Championship we'll bypass the first 2 rounds of the competition in future years, I can certainly stomach a first round exit with a potential prize like that......

By the way statski next time you wanna call me a fairweather fan you might wanna remember I've been a loyal Blue for 9 more seasons than you equating to around 250+ more games and my league grounds visited stands at a creditable 55 now. I remember last season you went to the 1st game against Cheltenham and neither myself or Draft Shrimper saw you again for 2 months until we started winning games in mid-October as you preferred to "play golf." You also missed excellent away trips that Draft Shrimper (the very same Draft who's only been a Shrimper for 6 seasons but is now as committed as anyone!) and I had last season. Fairweather fan? Well I wouldn't go quite that far but you certainly are a disgrace!!  
biggrin.gif

tounge.gif

Just seen the piece about Harry Redknapp on the OS - no matter what happens I'm sure Tilly/Brush realise that they can't sell Freddy in January as it would leave our promotion dream in tatters. In any case Eastwood would be worth a lot more to the club financially if he left us while playing in the Championship not League 1 (assuming we can keep picking up the points between now and the end of the season).

AD your full of tripe

remember i didnt start coming to any blues games until 1996 hence why you've been to 250 more games than me

golf and other commitments meant i missed a few games last year

one day you will realise you cant goto every game

when you dont live at home - for you that will never happen
and have a girlfriend - that will never happen as your gay
tounge.gif

and be any good at another sport - one again that will never happen for you
also the main one HAVE A JOB - THERES MORE CHANCE OF LORD LUCAN TURNING UP RIDING SHERGAR THAN YOU HAVING ONE EVER!!

so IMHO AD your a disgrace
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Oct. 30 2005,13:41)]Put the handbags away, guys...
biggrin.gif
If you think that's bad, you should see them playing Pro Ev against each other. If fact you should see them playing anything against each other!
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TerryintheWest @ Oct. 30 2005,00:06)]Billy Best got 9 hat tricks in his Southend United career  
biggrin.gif
In 1968/69 Billy and Gary Moore both scored consecutive hat-tricks in the FA Cup against Kings Lynn and then Brentwood Town. This remains an FA Cup record!!
Now you're talking about a goalscorer!!!.

Happy to say that I still have memories of both those games, watching from the North Bank.
biggrin.gif

Back