• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We all know the failings of our Chairman, but what really bugs me is when people feel the needs to start meaningless conversations alleging him and others of alleged wrong-doing of which you have absolutely no substance.

I understand Neil Harris was huge asset to this club aside from his limited, but generally honest and decent, appearances on the pitch. The same with Freedman who clearly left to take up a job he couldn't refuse wit Crystal Palace.

Eastwood was a great move at he time whoever was behind it. It lifted the crowd and I'm sure you weren't moaning.

I'm confused by the lack of the phrase "5 million pound credit facility".

well by the time we had 2 CCC expensive forwards i.e. Harris and Eastwood in our squad - I did think-as always -
that the "we are broke"mantra spoonfed to the supporters might be wearing thin especially as we had a 5 MILLION pound advance from Sainsburys ...... ;-)

I agree the throw away back stabber thing is way too harsh - sorry Dougie - genuine - but I don't like him turning up here sniffing around for the managers job or walking out on Palace.

My point was about chairmen maybe trying to be helpful but in fact messing things up ...

oh well - I will now live in fear of a writ from Dougie and look forward to join Wiggy in the naughty corner

I agree the throw away back stabber thing is way too harsh - sorry Dougie - genuine - but I don't like him turning up here sniffing around for the managers job or walking out on Palace.

So this qualifies him as a back stabber lol! Pretty much all managers and footballers will qualify for the same in the future then.

Damn that Spencer Prior he should of never retired when we still needed him. Always knew he was a back stabber.

well by the time we had 2 CCC expensive forwards i.e. Harris and Eastwood in our squad - I did think-as always -
that the "we are broke"mantra spoonfed to the supporters might be wearing thin especially as we had a 5 MILLION pound advance from Sainsburys ...... ;-)

My point was about chairmen maybe trying to be helpful but in fact messing things up ...

oh well - I will now live in fear of a writ from Dougie and look forward to join Wiggy in the naughty corner

So again, why is Goater not on the list? You seem to be naming older strikers signed by the chairman but one is conspicuous by his absence....

Barnard being slagged off is ludicrous IMHO. The guy is at his peak and is quality. He may be still slightly off the pace but it is nothing terminal.

The thing I find interesting is we are forever told the club is broke yet they somehow give veteran's long contracts time and again with the said vet suffering an injury ending their playing days,These vets are not cheap yet the club seem to love signing them.

The thing I find interesting is we are forever told the club is broke yet they somehow give veteran's long contracts time and again with the said vet suffering an injury ending their playing days,These vets are not cheap yet the club seem to love signing them.

Who are these players you talk about? What do you consider a long term contract?

Who are these players you talk about? What do you consider a long term contract?

Giving an ageing player at our level any deal longer than 1 year is IMO stupid !,Dougie had 3 year deal,Neil had similar !

Rocket science it ain't.

Giving an ageing player at our level any deal longer than 1 year is IMO stupid !,Dougie had 3 year deal,Neil had similar !

Rocket science it ain't.

Freedman didn't sign for 3 years , he signed for 2 years with an option for a 3rd.

Harris' was too long and I did think that was a bad decision at the time, but it was probably done so that we could pay him less per week, and it only lasted two years anyway. His is the only contract Id say was too long for his age.

Two years is questionable, but you are unlikely to attract some of these players on a 1 year deal and keep their salaries down.

Freedman didn't sign for 3 years , he signed for 2 years with an option for a 3rd.

Harris' was too long and I did think that was a bad decision at the time, but it was probably done so that we could pay him less per week, and it only lasted two years anyway. His is the only contract Id say was too long for his age.

Two years is questionable, but you are unlikely to attract some of these players on a 1 year deal and keep their salaries down.

Dougie I thought had 3 year deal,He played for 2 seasons then his contract was terminated in his 3rd season in order he could join Palace?

If I owned a cash strapped club which constantly failed to pay tax bills and wages I would avoid these high earners !

Would you?

Love you posts Mrs B, but witH Freddy I think the mercandise could be brought into the equation,would have offset some of the money,a small amount I grant you but extra bums on seats etc may not have been a bad investment if fit

UTS

Ps Cannot believe how one poster replies to it seems every post:winking:

Love you posts Mrs B, but witH Freddy I think the mercandise could be brought into the equation,would have offset some of the money,a small amount I grant you but extra bums on seats etc may not have been a bad investment if fit

UTS

Ps Cannot believe how one poster replies to it seems every post:winking:

The Fred deal IMO is another baffling situation,Re the merchandise I thought shirt sales were not in the remit of the club?
Granted at first Fred put bums on seats but I think sensible fans soon Sussed he was a busted flush.

Thanks for the compliment .

Dougie I thought had 3 year deal,He played for 2 seasons then his contract was terminated in his 3rd season in order he could join Palace?

Nope 2 years.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11688/4083975/freedman-heads-to-roots-hall

Left during his second year so didnt even complete his contract. When you also consider that Harris left without completing his contract it does make the whole issue seem less of an issue anyway.

The Fred deal IMO is another baffling situation,Re the merchandise I thought shirt sales were not in the remit of the club?
Granted at first Fred put bums on seats but I think sensible fans soon Sussed he was a busted flush.

Thanks for the compliment .

Freddy was always a gamble, but he was also only 28, he had time on his side to try to regain his fitness and last summer it did seem like he had achieved it, came back very fit and started the season very well. Yes it didnt pan out but I do still think that was a chance worth taking.

Back