• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

"French" family refuse 5 bed house !

mrsblue

Banned
This family from Cameroon has mugged off this country in grand style,mum dad and ten children demand 6 bed roomed property at the very least.

The father even managed to blag £28,000 grant to study mental health !

No wonder those in Calias are desperate to get here.

Britishtaxpayermustpaymore.

This family from Cameroon has mugged off this country in grand style,mum dad and ten children demand 6 bed roomed property at the very least.

They're EU nationals so Calais has no relevance.

And?

Are they hurting you?

I doubt she pays Council Tax in Luton. It is possible I guess.

Council tax only raises about 25%. The rest is from central government. So we all pay a share for every authority in Britain.

All UK/EU students get their tuition fees paid for them if you are doing nursing or medical studies (I'm assuming you meant £27000 since that's what is being reported), he hasn't 'blagged' anything. The idea is to encourage people to study nursing or medicine because we have a shortage of NHS staff that we desperately need to fix, it's a good system and well worth the investment to keep the NHS going.

The only issue here is him rejecting the house, the rest is just media fluff to try and pad out the story and make him into more of a villain than is necessary. The guy has also said he wants 4 double rooms, so I don't know where the 6 bedroom claim has come from.

I'd be more upset about the billions of unpaid tax by huge corporations than this, but then I don't read the Daily Male.

But they have not been given a 6 bedroom house. The media are 'mugging you off' by creating a story about what someone wants, which doesn't match what they actually get. It's call a distraction, it's misleading but luckily most people see through that and turn the page.

"I work, I do two jobs, I'm paying taxes, I'm contributing to the system."

dear mrsblue, please read the article.

Hmmm.....He receives £44,000 per year benefits,last year the family were housed in a hotel costing 10's of thousands,the family also managed to rack up a £21,000 restaurant bill which the council paid for.

This is the reality - landlords can get rich off housing benefit, the tenants just get somewhere to live.[/QUOTE

If there is a housing short fall and landlords don't rent their plots,where doe's the tenant live?
Don't blame the landlords blame past and present goverments,BUILD BUILD BUILD is the answer.

Back