• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kevin Hogg

President
While we all hoped that Friday would be a tense night in our automatic promotion bid, I think it fair to say that this is now a massive game in order to cement a Play-Off position.

While there is breathing space between us and Alex/Gills, should the unthinkable happen on Friday night and the other two win??? The doubts we try to limit now will erupt in a crescendo.

So, Friday night is absolutely immense.

We fail to win Friday then I think its game over.

We have been on free fall for a while now and If Crewe win saturday they are only 3 points behind us.

We must get as many people to the hall as possible.

I believe our run in is the hardest now compared to everyone else.

At least we are the only team out of top 7 playing at home last game of the season but with our home that may go against us:omg:

While we all hoped that Friday would be a tense night in our automatic promotion bid, I think it fair to say that this is now a massive game in order to cement a Play-Off position.

While there is breathing space between us and Alex/Gills, should the unthinkable happen on Friday night and the other two win??? The doubts we try to limit now will erupt in a crescendo.

So, Friday night is absolutely immense.

fridays is always gonna be a big game for us but, our fate is in our own hands

We fail to win Friday then I think its game over.
We have been on free fall for a while now and If Crewe win saturday they are only 3 points behind us.
We must get as many people to the hall as possible.
At least we are the only team out of top 7 playing at home last game of the season but with our home that may go against us:omg:

It's down to Sturrock to get the players going and actually win at home game. We can blame everyone from the fans to the ref etc but the buck stops with Sturrock and he has been found wanting in almost every home game this calendar year.

For me get both Martin and Hall outwide and a one from three of Harris, Benyon or Moshni to partner Freddy.

With Freddy your always going to have a good chance of winning but we need to actually pick our side and stop worrying about them. Give the forwards some supply for once and stop the debacle of midfielder players who can't cross going on the wing.

Sure it will be the usual negative tactics at home.

Just looking at the other teams fixtures....Crawley only have to play Crewe in the current top 12, even with a weaker squad I would imagine they will go on to get autos. I think if we was to beat Torquay and do well in other games, we could finish above them...but I would imagine we would both end up in the playoffs anyway.

Shrews like Crawley, only have one team to play in the top 12, and that is Aldershot. Plus they have 5 home games/3 away, with the home form they are you have to say they are going to be in the top three.

I didn't wan't to go up automatically anyway, WEM-BER-LEY is the only way forward - as we all know! :loyalsupporter:

Spot on DtS. The buck lies with Luggy. Please no more Christian Dailly in centre mid or Timlin out wide. He cant use the excuse of being afraid of being too open as our defence is pants with or without two wingers. We have lost every game that Prosser and Timlin have lined up on the left side, because there is no attacking threat there, and it just invites the opposition to attack. Get the ball down and feed the Freddy.

Biggest game of the season so far. I consider myself quite an optimistic fan but I think if we lose this our chances of going up automatically will be very slim. Must win really. Martin has to play. In a way I hope we don't have to go up through the play-offs as I have uni exams the day after the play-off final and then my final one 2 days after that.

Biggest game of the season so far. I consider myself quite an optimistic fan but I think if we lose this our chances of going up automatically will be very slim. Must win really. Martin has to play. In a way I hope we don't have to go up through the play-offs as I have uni exams the day after the play-off final and then my final one 2 days after that.

I too have my last uni exam the day after the playoff final. Sadly don't think we'll get that far though.

I see the final is scheduled for 27th May, does anyone know if they've announced when the semi final ties would be?

Have to agree that the Play Offs look a real possibility at the moment

I see the final is scheduled for 27th May, does anyone know if they've announced when the semi final ties would be?

Have to agree that the Play Offs look a real possibility at the moment

I'm guessing Sat 12 & 19th May. Could also be on a Fri or Sun though. Think we played Northampton on a Sunday last time we got to the League 2 play-offs. And Doncaster in the League 1 play-offs was a Friday I think?

I'm guessing Sat 12 & 19th May. Could also be on a Fri or Sun though. Think we played Northampton on a Sunday last time we got to the League 2 play-offs. And Doncaster in the League 1 play-offs was a Friday I think?

Ah yes now you mention it I do remember both Doncaster games being Friday night kick offs, I think you're right when you say they'd be played a week apart over the weekends. Cheers!

We need some confidence at Roots Hall for the players, so 3 points Friday would be fantastic.

A goal would be a start.

Got to try and turn the home form round now,! the remaining home games are winnable ,it could be anybody in the playoff places that could easily slip out

Back