• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Friendly Fires

Pubey

yay or nay?

At first i did the usual thing of ignoring them whilst everyone else went crazy... thinking they were the emperors new clothes (or the new Klaxons).

However the album is flipping superb, and footage from T in the Park looks amazing!

they worth trying to catch live?

yay or nay?

At first i did the usual thing of ignoring them whilst everyone else went crazy... thinking they were the emperors new clothes (or the new Klaxons).

However the album is flipping superb, and footage from T in the Park looks amazing!

they worth trying to catch live?

I absolutely ******* despise the Klaxons. I think their music is the single biggest load of ***** that has ever had the indecency to offend my ear drums. It's like a couple of rich public school boys tried smack for the first time, banged a couple pots and pans together and recorded a cat giving birth for the vocals.

Any drunken, stoned mug can go "Eeeeeeee Awwwwwwwwww Eeeeeeeee Awwwwwwww" over a heavily synthed piece of **** melody.

I hate their ****ing indie boy "Im cooler than you because I wear testicle hugging trousers and a neon pink T-Shirt" ********. And while we're on neon, I ****ing hate that too... Their obsession with neon because it plays up to the trendy rave scene image.

Friendly Fires are good though... Youmeatsix have also caught my attention.

See these boys at the Kentish Formum a few months back and they are decent , went along with a few pals who didn't know or care who they were and now they are right into them .

Probably the fittest set off birds i've seen at a gig to in the crowd , maybe a one off but even so they get a nod of appreciation on that front from me .

Brilliant - saw them live first off supporting Interpol at end of 2007, then again late last year supporting Editors. Then saw them in their own right at the NME Awards tour in January.

Totally awesome live & the new stuff (think it's on that odious muppet Zane Lowe's blog this week if you haven't heard it yet) sounds like they are carrying on with the cracking rythmns of Paris & Jump In The Pool!!!!

Check them out for definite!

Last edited:
Back