• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

From tonights Echo

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
Bentley has revealed he was gutted to be axed from the squad for the Cheltenham game but delighted to be in for Lincoln and is now expected to get the nod for Rochdale having played so well against the Imps.

See what a bit of competition for places does... long may it continue.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Aug. 13 2004,13:26)]Bentley has revealed he was gutted to be axed from the squad for the Cheltenham game but delighted to be in for Lincoln and is now expected to get the nod for Rochdale having played so well against the Imps.

What a relief.

Imagine the outcry if he had confirmed he was delighted to have been left out vs Cheltenham and gutted to be picked for the Lincoln game.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Aug. 13 2004,13:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Aug. 13 2004,13:26)]Bentley has revealed he was gutted to be axed from the squad for the Cheltenham game but delighted to be in for Lincoln and is now expected to get the nod for Rochdale having played so well against the Imps.

What a relief.

Imagine the outcry if he had confirmed he was delighted to have been left out vs Cheltenham and gutted to be picked for the Lincoln game.
biggrin.gif

Har-de-har-har

I suppose it was a bit "stating the obvious", but it wasn't really intended that way...

Considering where Rochdale are after 2 games, we should do quite well... but unfortunately we have a habit of throwing away good chances against the bottom teams!

I can't say I would be happy with a draw from this one because we need a win to get the momentum going and having Bentley in the side will give us the impetus I think!

A tight game will be the order of the day I guess!

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ Aug. 13 2004,14:13)]No way. We're going to run them all over the shop.
3 Points and an impressive win me thinks!
tounge.gif
I hope you're right!
wow.gif

All depends on what team starts? the Saturday one may just scrape a draw, whereas the Tuesday one could get 3 or 4!!! let's wait and see!

cool.gif

We always seem to win there - but have a crap season!

Since I'm hoping for a change to the last part of the above sentence I'm predicting a 4-0 win for Rochdale
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ Aug. 13 2004,14:17)]We always seem to win there - but have a crap season!

Since I'm hoping for a change to the last part of the above sentence I'm predicting a 4-0 win for Rochdale  
cool.gif

biggrin.gif
laugh.gif
sad.gif
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ Aug. 13 2004,14:17)]We always seem to win there - but have a crap season!

Since I'm hoping for a change...
What are yez sayin' like...?

If I've understood you correctly, you want the two parts of the sentence reversed... so all that we need to ensure is that the players "take a Forrest" before kick-off, and we'll go up this season!

laugh.gif

1-0 to the Blues.

(Excellent, means I can claim I'm a know-it-all whichever side wins)

tounge.gif

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Aug. 13 2004,14:59)]
[b said:

Since I'm hoping for a change...
What are yez sayin' like...?

If I've understood you correctly, you want the two parts of the sentence reversed... so all that we need to ensure is that the players "take a Forrest" before kick-off, and we'll go up this season!

laugh.gif

1-0 to the Blues.

(Excellent, means I can claim I'm a know-it-all whichever side wins)

tounge.gif

cool.gif
Plank
rock.gif
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ Aug. 13 2004,15:01)]Plank  
rock.gif

tounge.gif
I know you are... Is this part of your "Planks Anonymous" course?

<span style='color:navy'>"Hello, my name is Spaceman Spiff and I am a plank..."</span>

laugh.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Aug. 13 2004,15:07)]
[b said:
rock.gif

tounge.gif

<span style='color:navy'>"Hello, my name is Spaceman Spiff and I am a plank..."</span>

laugh.gif

tounge.gif

biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
[b said:
rock.gif

tounge.gif

laugh.gif

tounge.gif

biggrin.gif
You taught me well, master Yoda
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ Aug. 13 2004,15:24)]
[b said:
[b said:
rock.gif

tounge.gif

You taught me well, master Yoda  
tounge.gif
Oiiii!

*I haven't reached 800 years of age... yet.
*I'm the one with "Walker" in my name, so surely I'm the young Jedi?!

tounge.gif

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Aug. 13 2004,15:33)]We will win, but it will be tight.

wink.gif
Already said that OS... be original at least&#33;
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Aug. 13 2004,17:31)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Aug. 13 2004,15:33)]We will win, but it will be tight.

wink.gif
Already said that OS... be original at least!  
tounge.gif
Hmmm... He lives on a lovely Island, with cheap booze, great weather, stunning beaches and a talented and beautiful wife... And you want original as well?

rock.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

Will Corbett be involved in this game, IMO if he&#39;s upfront we stand a much greater chance of actually scoring a couple.

I saw the Cheltenham game. Great formation, lovely moves, plenty of pride and application. Thats enough about The Bluebelles. If Southend want to start scoring they need to take the play into the opposition box. We have lads that can run with the ball, Bentley, Gower, even Jupp, but the good work is done outside of the 18yard line and then requires a telling cross or pass. Time they took the play into the box and then the final ball would be a shot.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ Aug. 13 2004,19:33)]I saw the Cheltenham game. Great formation, lovely moves, plenty of pride and application. Thats enough about The Bluebelles. If Southend want to start scoring they need to take the play into the opposition box.
What with the Blubelles?
biggrin.gif

Back