• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Frontline update

Can see the next step ....the 2m rule being suddenly reduced purely to allow pubs etc to operate .......on the basis that the new scientific evidence proves it now safe to sit on someone's lap!.
Money and jobs over health and lives ....let's hope they're making the right call because if they get it wrong everyone will suffer big time

I heard seondhand from my wife's visit to the hairdresser's in Bezeirs yesterday and via a local nurse,a previous customer (I suppose that makes it thirdhand really :Winking: ) that serious Covid-19 cases had dropped off a lot recently but that earlier a lot of life and eath decisions had to be made about patients and ventilators. All seems so much quieter here in the local villages.

Think this is the best frontline piece I've seen recently,

thank you - a terrific article ..

one take away is

"most people are unaware of how exhausted, stunned – shellshocked, even – some NHS staff and care workers are"

In the london hospitals young doctors and nurses were completing night shifts where the bodies were being lined up..... where the news was being broken to grieving families in rotation.
I expect the trauma wll take time to be processd by the individuals ..

I heard seondhand from my wife's visit to the hairdresser's in Bezeirs yesterday and via a local nurse,a previous customer (I suppose that makes it thirdhand really :Winking: ) that serious Covid-19 cases had dropped off a lot recently but that earlier a lot of life and eath decisions had to be made about patients and ventilators. All seems so much quieter here in the local villages.

Which never happened in the NHS, yet people here still moan.

Tell me about it!

My SIL is a nurse working up in ITU and has been since day one of this pandemic and tells me the hospital has had pretty much high levels of occupation. There are also some post COVID wards at SGH and now we have one of the local carehomes taking in COVID people who just require extra care before being totally discharged.
We have been quite successful in some our local homes but it has been due to the quick thinking of some of the managers of the homes.
We are still seeing plenty of people testing positive but what is a little worrying is that those people who we have tested positive are not symptomatic.

There are loads of first hand accounts to suggest it did.Read this.

"Meanwhile, friends working in intensive care in London were describing unfolding horrors in their ICUs."

Last edited:
Tell me about it!

My SIL is a nurse working up in ITU and has been since day one of this pandemic and tells me the hospital has had pretty much high levels of occupation. There are also some post COVID wards at SGH and now we have one of the local carehomes taking in COVID people who just require extra care before being totally discharged.
We have been quite successful in some our local homes but it has been due to the quick thinking of some of the managers of the homes.
We are still seeing plenty of people testing positive but what is a little worrying is that those people who we have tested positive are not symptomatic.

Have you any thoughts on what testing positive but not being symtomatic might mean Tinks?

Have you any thoughts on what testing positive but not being symtomatic might mean Tinks?

Apologies as I know you aimed your question to one person.
My view is that it could be an indication that many of us have ( or had ) the virus and are not even aware of it.
In one sense I guess that’s a positive in that it may adversely affect fewer people than first anticipated, but on the other hand until everyone is tested how can we know ?
If I could add one question to Tinks also - who are getting tested without symptoms ?
Why are they going for tests ?
Or are these mandatory tests for key / frontline workers ?

My view is that it could be an indication that many of us have ( or had ) the virus and are not even aware of it.
In one sense I guess that’s a positive in that it may adversely affect fewer people than first anticipated, but on the other hand until everyone is tested how can we know ?
If I could add one question to Tinks also - who are getting tested without symptoms ?

Apologies, I wasn’t meaning to under play the severity and devastation caused to those that have suffered at the hands of this awful virus.

Hey I aimed it at Tinks but an answer from anyone who knows what they are talking about works for me. No apologies needed.

Hey I aimed it at Tinks but an answer from anyone who knows what they are talking about works for me. No apologies needed.

Cheers , but that line rules me out.
I’m definitely in the ‘headless chicken making best guesses’ group

We have had a few people test positive for COVID-19 but not showing any symptoms of COVID-19 is. No cough, fever, lethargy and it has only been through routine screenings that it has come to light that some people have been positive.
If anyone has been in contact with someone with symptoms then they are eligible for testing.
Within Southend (and I suspect Rayleigh/Castlepoint too) all care home residents and workers are eligible for testing whether asymptomatic or not

Ello only me. It's been a funny time here in A@E over the last few days. No more division into hot or cold areas, very few suspected covid coming in the door...although have been a few this week I've dealt with. Just a surreal return to a kind of normality.....staff being charged for parking lol...people rocking up for non emergency stuff. Looking back at the horror that was mid march to may...at the time I wasnt sure how things were going to pan out. But thankfully things have calmed. Hope you guys are also feeling well and gearing up to some sort of normality now.

Back