• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FTP Setup

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
Chaps, I hope somebody can help.

I run a business from home, working with a lot of data on a daily basis.

It has got to the stage where the data is no longer able to be emailed to me due to the size.

I need an FTP where a couple of clients can make a data dump every day (Only around 50MB a day at the moment) that I can then pickup and process on my home machine.

Would need no more than about 2GB total storage space, as I will save the raw data on my machine fairly regularly.

Obviously as I am working at home, I do not really want to go down the route of a server at home, but I do have a spare PC I could in theory use as a server (although I have no idea how you go about hosting yourself)
So I would be looking for a hosted remote service, in the U.K. if possible.

I do not want to pay too much for it either, have only just started up so not much cash to play with. Less than £30 per month would be ideal.

I also have a domain name that I have registered and if possible I would like the FTP pointed to it (Again I have no idea how to do this!)

I'm hoping someone on here offers such a service and can do me a very good rate. The business will be expanding rapidly next year I hope, so plenty of scope for further business should someone be so kind to offer their services now...

Any help, greatly received.

Ta muchly.

Try Hostgator.com :) Use them for hosting various sites and they have full FTP service for about a fiver a month. US though

Last edited:
Sorry, it's been a while since I've dealt with FTPs, but every PC with an IP address will also have an FTP address.

Depending on the data you are transferring and in which application the data is stored, you can drag and drop between a PC and a FTP address without any need for software.

a simple website could be built as a neat frontend for clients to send files. saves them faffing with FTP software

Back