• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Funniest thing seen at a sporting event

Ron Manager

formerly Libertine
I know we've had a thread about funniest things ever seen at Roots Hall (my personal favourite is still Ken McNasty's false teeth falling out of his mouth in the South Upper into the Lower).

However on Sunday here at the Queensland roar vs Perth Glory fan I think I've seen something to rival that.

There's no real segregation here at games. Although the away fans do have a block of seats all the bars and toilets are shared. We (the Roar) beat Perth 4-1 and at 3-0 in the second half this big fat Glory fan walked from the away fans round the concourse towards the toilets behind where we sit. Of course he got the usual stick 'You Fat Bar Steward', 'Who ate all the pies' etc.

He responded by giving the finger and generally 'waving' in our direction. He was so engrossed in giving stick back that he didn't look where he was going....and walked straight into the ladies - to a huge cheer from the Roar fans of course. He soon walked out rather sheepishly to chants of 'Pervert' and 'Sex Case' and into the gents next door.

Absolutely hilarious....or perhaps you had to be there?

The little goal keeper at the southend Leeds game was good. He was the only one who didn't freeze and milked the reception he got from us :D

The other one was last year at Elland road, Leeds v Ipswich. The under 8 girls team was being paraded round receiving a standing ovation as they went. One of the teams brother was filming, walking backwards as he did. He walked straight into the goal post at the Kop end. The only laugh i had that day

Saw a pretty funny one on SSN today....a jockey was leading a race and looked over to his left to see how he was doing on the big screen only to allow the second place horse to snatch it in a Photo finish.

Last edited:
Although i didn't see it in person, the Chris Brass own goal is always good for a laugh.....

You do that, and break your own nose in the process, poor chap :D

The bloke who streaked at The Open one year and led to the classic quote from Peter Alliss "all that fuss over a little thing like that".

nugent.JPG

Scriv on the away terrace at Macclesfield, claiming to be sober, has to be one of the funniest things I've ever seen at a football match.

:D

I was at a rugby league game last year and although I support Harlequins, I decided to sit with the Hull KR fans for something a bit different.

The referee - Steve Ganson - was, in the eys of the Hull KR mob, having a bit of a nightmare. One woman in particular, a tubby middle aged bint, was taking particular umbrage. After yet another dodgy call, she just stood up and went off on one totally.

Her face contorted in rage and the same colour as Alex Ferguson's after a session on the Merlot. She screamed: "For ****'s sake Ganson you ****ing **** when are you going to get a ****ing decision right you complete ******!"

A couple of rows back, a bloke was taking a sip from his pint. This tirade made him laugh so much that he sprayed/spat half his pint all over the head of the poor woman in front of him, who had just been sitting there minding her own. As she sat there with lager froth all over her bubble perm, everyone else couldn't help but crease up with laughter. Poor cow.

Back