• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Funny Moment Saturday

Hawkwell Blue

Manager
We had a real Life Of Brian moment at Walsall with "What have the Romans ever Done for Us?" Apart from education, aquaducts, wine etc etc.

When the fifth goal went in you had a number of fans stand up, stamp their feet, storm out, making gestures towards the bench and muttering stuff about Tilson etc. One fan said at full volume "Why don't you **** off Tilson. What have you done in the last three Years!!?" To which some wag, that'll be me then, replied "Apart from winning the League One Championship, beating Manchester United and reaching the play offs not a lot really!"

Please let's have some perspective.

This is an age-old argument - how long do those past glories enable Tilson a 'free-ride'.

I'm very much in the mold of the 'past is the past', but do appreciate that what Tilson has achieved is fantastic.

This is an age-old argument - how long do those past glories enable Tilson a 'free-ride'.

I'm very much in the mold of the 'past is the past', but do appreciate that what Tilson has achieved is fantastic.

so we jump on his back after half a dozen games......:headbang:

We had a real Life Of Brian moment at Walsall with "What have the Romans ever Done for Us?" Apart from education, aquaducts, wine etc etc.

When the fifth goal went in you had a number of fans stand up, stamp their feet, storm out, making gestures towards the bench and muttering stuff about Tilson etc. One fan said at full volume "Why don't you **** off Tilson. What have you done in the last three Years!!?" To which some wag, that'll be me then, replied "Apart from winning the League One Championship, beating Manchester United and reaching the play offs not a lot really!"

cool have you done any other funny stuff that you would like to share with us?

Wasn't implying what I said to the bloke was particularly funny, more what he said was so ridiculous as to be funny.

Back