• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Memory Lane Furious Southend United fans locked team out Roots Hall following big defeat at Colchester United (2020)

Yes, I can imagine players and staff will really want to play for our club to get us out of this mess.

This achieves nothing but venting anger at players on the coach pushing 17 years old.

And supporting the players and manager and generally sitting on our hands has helped how?

The situation is grave and we just got battered by our local rivals 6-1. Easily could have been 10. We have been abysmal for seasons. Have a manager and chairman who haven't got a clue and loyal fan base being taken for complete mugs.

Enough it enough and I completely applaud such actions.

And supporting the players and manager and generally sitting on our hands has helped how?

The situation is grave and we just got battered by our local rivals 6-1. Easily could have been 10. We have been abysmal for seasons. Have a manager and chairman who haven't got a clue and loyal fan base being taken for complete mugs.

Enough it enough and I completely applaud such actions.

And then when we're still terrible, because egging a bus does nothing, then what?

Waste of time and makes players have a disdain for playing for this club and its fans.

Judging by the last 18 months I'd say the majority of players have gone far past disdain for this football club and it's got nothing to do with the supporters.

Maybe some, not all. Most have been **** players. Even so, surely we want players to want to play for us, to care as much as we do when we lose?

If so, will this help that happen?

when's the pigs head going to be delivered to the center circle? This all sounds completely childish to me, and I would (in other scenarios) feel a little shameful about this, But I really don't. Not at all...

I just feel there is a complete lack of understanding and appreciation just how poor performances /Motivation/Pride playing for this shirt means. we can be the ****test team in the league, but to lay on our back and have a bellies tickled each week is absolutely shameful. I hope what ever happened last night, now gives the management team and players an understanding that although fans aren't in the ground, we are still fans of this once glorious club, and even if you the players and management staff are going to go down without a fight, Us fans certainly wont...

Ron Martin has clearly publicly lied to us all (at the meet the fans meeting the other night)

He advised there was no issues with Akinola apart form the injury, and that there is no issue with being under an embargo as we can still sign players that we want, and he doesn't understand the need to remove the embargo, when clearly its completely tied into one another. He also confirmed it was a mere hour long phone call to get the embargo lifted, clearly it isn't, and he has very publicly lied to us all. its game over as far as I am concerned. As a club we are doomed, I am completely certain of that, and we as fans are sitting on our hands and letting it happen right in front of our eyes.. We are not going to get out of this, and we will certainly not bounce back .... I feel sick today, but slightly more at ease that finally some fan action has occured

Shocking. Bunch of kids on that coach- is this whole mess their fault? Really? People decide to protest not against most of those players who have been playing this season who were at home, but a bunch of kids either just out of school or still at school...how courageous..

I really hoped MM would get a bit more time, even if I am at a loss regarding his tactics and formations, but suspect these shocking events will have made his position untenable.

Maybe some, not all. Most have been **** players. Even so, surely we want players to want to play for us, to care as much as we do when we lose?

If so, will this help that happen?

We don't have those players right now, the ones that care. It would have been better to scrap this squad and start again, if that wasn't possible then just leave them to rot and play the youth team, I reckon we'd have at least 2 points with our youths and the loanees.

I do agree with you that it's detrimental to the youth players and we as supporters should be venting towards the boardroom and our 'experienced pros' rather than the young players.
If we suffer a similar debacle at Walsall then I hope the same locals are out again on Saturday night with a more thought out protest.

Although I understand the actions, maybe this wasn’t the right one to take. Going to boots and laces and protesting? Standing outside Ron’s home? But not attacking a coach. Extra costs now required to pay for the clean up, can’t really afford it can we... we’re all frustrated, but this isn’t the way to deal with it

I'm not sure what this action will achieve. Does anyone really believe that the chairman, management and players were oblivious to the feelings of the fans prior to this protest that resembled a schoolboy prank?

The players held up are merely out of their depth at the moment. They all have differing levels of ability but the set up they had to go with last night, necessarily wedging square pegs in round holes, was only going to gift Col U an easy night. Those players will be disappointed, embarrassed and probably feel let down.

The management team had to make a choice . Go strong in a meaningless match or rest players with the next league game in mind. They cobbled together the numbers, from a squad that lacks quality/experience in depth, to play a game that was a hindrance and not a help. MM is effectively managing with a blindfold, a gag and handcuffs. Great for a Friday dominatrix night but beggar all use when chasing League points. Give the guy a chance, some support and he may yet come out on top.

Nobody can do better with what we have. Absolutely pointless in manager bashing. Let's see what happens in the next couple of weeks or so.

Back