• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Furloughed players (or non-furloughed as it turns out)

Re furlough in general,
The government could put up details of who has furloughed staff, and their income and profit details, as well as a “notes” column, showing details such as what type of staff have not been furloughed and their pay.
In other words name and shame thoses misusing **the system ,and maybe a veiled threat of a tax inspection next year.

** miss using from a moral standpoint, not legal standpoint

The PFA is the worst of the worst of the worst unions in the country and that is saying something.

I mean worst as in protecting their members to the detriment of the industry they are working in.

What are the chances we now won’t be able afford to pay them so they don’t get anything but under furlough they would have had some income!

The EFL & PFA need to get a grip. The choices seem to be with the high earners furlough and make up contract in full, or defer and again pay in full.

The PFA will surely understand that at the end of June 1000+ of their members in L1 & L2 are out of contract (around 50% of the squads). If the PFA is intransigent now the clubs will simply let these players go and save 100% of their wages. And probably say to the players if only the PFA could have listened..

Of course they would not then be capable of finishing any remaining games (so you would think EFL would be desperate for this to not happen... except the EFL knows the seasons not finishing either and probably care as much for players as they appear to for the clubs).

If they stopped the dither & delay decisions could be reached actions taken & the best of it made for players and clubs. They are fast running out of road..

In fairness I wouldn’t accept it.
If it was all players then maybe it would make more sense, but I would want to understand why I was being treated differently to the majority

I expect it is those players who aren't part of Sol's future plans.

If it’s players who know they will be out June 30 it’s maybe understandable- more generally though the higher paid players who insist on full pay whether by furlough top up or wage deferral may find that life’s not fair and post June 30 they will be unemployed if they are out of contract

In which case why on eat would they agree?
Agree to a pay cut and be out in a few months
Don’t agree and at worst the PFA pays 100% of salary,all be it not immediately

I'm about to be furloughed with my employer topping up the rest of my wages until I return to work, whilst I'm not entirely happy to be furloughed as it causes a sense of longterm unease I do recognise that if I can't do my job under the current restrictions then being furloughed makes sense.

perhaps the players should take a look at what they are actually paid to do, if they can't play or train then are they really footballers? there could be a longterm restructure of player contracts due to this.

Wonder what is happening with the two lads that signed a contract but couldn’t be registered? Will they get paid?

Wonder what is happening with the two lads that signed a contract but couldn’t be registered? Will they get paid?

By the PFA most probably. By the time football kicks off again we'll be relegated to Bostik League Division 9 South Pub League (Sunday).

Just goes to show how overpaid some of our players are that they won't accept the offer.

I think a few will be struggling to find the same amounts of money when they try to get new contracts and I don't just mean at Southend.

Just goes to show how overpaid some of our players are that they won't accept the offer.

I think a few will be struggling to find the same amounts of money when they try to get new contracts and I don't just mean at Southend.
I am sure I read somewhere that the players were OK with it, and it wasn't them that said no.

The PFA has apparently advised players to say no.

The PFA has apparently advised players to say no.
They'll be worried about setting a precedent, the problem is if they expect the clubs to keep paying full whack with no income this is likely to be the last few months of them being professional footballers.

the PFA have £48m in their reserves and some members who earn far more than others, can they not assist players if the furlough payment isn't quite enough?

Players like Hyam don’t deserve the full wages, given that he is on 4K a week ??‍♂️ I am glad we got rid of our players in January, saved 30k a week worth or we would be in big trouble.

our kids done far much better on the pitch than the useless players we got rid in January!!

Back