• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

buffalowolf

Director
What with the signings of it appears some very good young talent , namely Yearwood, Ba, and i believe Klass,along with other youngsters in Cotton ,kryptonite ,Matsuaka,Batlowka i think is another, and im sure there are others i have missed,Smith also just a youngster are the two now on loan at that Austrian club and the other striker Walker. The future of Southend is in my view looking very bright.We now have some very seasoned professionals at the club who can inpart a great deal of experinece onto these youngsters and help in their progression. Hopefully in the seasons to come some if not all will one day be plying their trade in our first team. what are your views on this.

I agree but it might take a while before the results come. We must be patient during the first few weeks of the season. No shouts of 'Brown out' please if we lose a couple.

What with the signings of it appears some very good young talent , namely Yearwood, Ba, and i believe Klass,along with other youngsters in Cotton ,kryptonite ,Matsuaka,Batlowka i think is another, and im sure there are others i have missed,Smith also just a youngster are the two now on loan at that Austrian club and the other striker Walker. The future of Southend is in my view looking very bright.We now have some very seasoned professionals at the club who can inpart a great deal of experinece onto these youngsters and help in their progression. Hopefully in the seasons to come some if not all will one day be plying their trade in our first team. what are your views on this.
the futures bright the futures orange ��

I love seeing products of the youth system coming through no doubt. A lot in the squad at the moment too....the cynic in me would ask if all of them are worthy of the promotion. My answer would be not all of them. My next question would be have we done too much of the budget on Ferdinand, kightly, cox and had no choice but to promote these kids (yearwood looks class regrdless)
So yes yoof is the future no doubt but if today is mismanaged the future may suffer too.

I love seeing products of the youth system coming through no doubt. A lot in the squad at the moment too....the cynic in me would ask if all of them are worthy of the promotion. My answer would be not all of them. My next question would be have we done too much of the budget on Ferdinand, kightly, cox and had no choice but to promote these kids (yearwood looks class regrdless)
So yes yoof is the future no doubt but if today is mismanaged the future may suffer too.

I make you right. The balance is a tough one. The positives are that youth gets a chance.

This if successful will hold us in good stead. Look at the price charlton got for lookman.

If unsuccessful we don't hit the highs of last season and gates may suffer as a consequence.

All of that said. I'd love more home grown players being successful for our team. If that happens we may hang on to one or two who would have otherwise left for other bigger clubs. The more that youth get a chance the better chance we have of attracting great youth players. Southampton have made fortunes out of following this philosophy. Bale Walcott and oxlaide-chamberlain must have made the saints 30 million + easy.

If Yearwood starts getting regular games at just 17 years old then premier clubs will come calling. For them to shell out 5 million + on a very promising player is nothing. For us it's 3 years of financial stability.

I agree that the future is looking bright although Coker's injury is a setback. Blackburn, Rotherham, Plymouth and Gillingham make for a tough first four matches so I'll be pleased if we garner 5 or 6 points from those.

As usual, being a Blues supporter, we are in for a hairy rollercoaster ride. Our entire history, as a club, has been more of a fairground attraction than a solid business. We get lured in by the lights, the excitement and the thrill of the crowd and it's always easy to lose sight of the grease and the mud . Funfair rides go up and down or around and round without ever going anywhere. The bumpy, creaking masses of iron offer young hearts promise. Old heads look on and say, 'been there, done that, nothing new.'

Despite the constant distraction of the sideshows, the misdirection, smoke and mirrors, we will still trudge along to Roots Hall in the hope this year's rollercoaster is on the upward part of the track. Edging slowly forward, straining, lurching. For those moments we lose sight of the inevitable high speed rush downwards.

What more can a supporter ask for?

As usual, being a Blues supporter, we are in for a hairy rollercoaster ride. Our entire history, as a club, has been more of a fairground attraction than a solid business. We get lured in by the lights, the excitement and the thrill of the crowd and it's always easy to lose sight of the grease and the mud . Funfair rides go up and down or around and round without ever going anywhere. The bumpy, creaking masses of iron offer young hearts promise. Old heads look on and say, 'been there, done that, nothing new.'

Despite the constant distraction of the sideshows, the misdirection, smoke and mirrors, we will still trudge along to Roots Hall in the hope this year's rollercoaster is on the upward part of the track. Edging slowly forward, straining, lurching. For those moments we lose sight of the inevitable high speed rush downwards.

What more can a supporter ask for?

Promotion to the Championship this season,please? :unsure:

Back