• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FYI - iPhone and Sky+ Users

Bob Cratchitt

Devil's Advocate
A free app to allow iPhone and iPod Touch users to set up Sky+ recordings from their mobile phone has been made available on iTunes today.

The application offers a view of Sky's 7 day electronic programme guide, searchable by time, day and programme name. A "record" option sends a request to Sky's system, which in turn sets up the recording on an owner's Sky+ or Sky+ HD box via satellite. The option must be used at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the programme.

"Whether you're stuck at work, in the pub or gym, or have simply forgotten to record something, this free application is perfect for those situations when you hear about a TV show and want to record it there and then," said a Sky spokesperson.

I am a Happy Virgin Media customer and do not own a iPhone but I am always happy to let others know about things I think may interest them.

To be honest I would much rather have a 3 Tuner PVR, superb video on-demand that gives me iPlayer, 4OD, ITV Player via my TV than just my computer, and of course 20Mb Broadband than such gimmickry but I guess I am one of the lucky ones. ;)

Unlike Andee to be so snobbish about his Virgin Media, the same company that lied to me time and again about the shocking broadband service they provided me.

Anyway regarding using sky+ with your mobile, you've been able to do this for ages on any mobile so guess this is just an iPhone gimmick.

Unlike Andee to be so snobbish about his Virgin Media, the same company that lied to me time and again about the shocking broadband service they provided me.

What happened with VM then?
The product is sound and like Andee said above, it offers a lot more than your usual setup. Personally, I'd love to be back on 20MB cable broadband with minimal interference from the ISP.

As an ex employee, however, I'd wager your issues were/are with the call-centre & not the actual broadband service?

Had issues with my Broadband service, in that I was rarely able to get on the internet and when I did it was like dial-up.

I then rang the hotline to see what was going on, and for 6 weeks was basically told one thing after another and still my broadband didn't really work.

I've signed up to o2 broadband and the connection is quick and the service has been excellent.

A free app to allow iPhone and iPod Touch users to set up Sky+ recordings from their mobile phone has been made available on iTunes today.

The application offers a view of Sky's 7 day electronic programme guide, searchable by time, day and programme name. A "record" option sends a request to Sky's system, which in turn sets up the recording on an owner's Sky+ or Sky+ HD box via satellite. The option must be used at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the programme.

"Whether you're stuck at work, in the pub or gym, or have simply forgotten to record something, this free application is perfect for those situations when you hear about a TV show and want to record it there and then," said a Sky spokesperson.

Apple have finally caught up have they? You've been able to do this on most other phones for ages now...

The difference is TFS had the ADSL set up which relies on other people's network so easy to shift the blame, which seems to happen anytime you have different companies involved on one connection and you are faced with a problem. I always told TFS he should have gone for the cable version.

Plus I known about the Sky+ on other mobiles in fact the first incarnation was a SMS based system but best I do not bore you with the detail.

BTW I would not say Apple has caught up as the App itself has been developed and released by a certain BSkyB

You can get Skype on the iPhone now too...

handy to know cos i'm looking at maybe doing some work abroad, would be a useful way to keep in touch. i wish the UK had more free wifi hotspots

The difference is TFS had the ADSL set up which relies on other people's network so easy to shift the blame, which seems to happen anytime you have different companies involved on one connection and you are faced with a problem. I always told TFS he should have gone for the cable version.

Plus I known about the Sky+ on other mobiles in fact the first incarnation was a SMS based system but best I do not bore you with the detail.

BTW I would not say Apple has caught up as the App itself has been developed and released by a certain BSkyB

Techy Geek! :finger:

Back