• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has only played 5 times this season, and mainly in cup competitions. Can only see a very small chance of it happening if it is on a short term deal for a couple of months at most.

Wasn't Sturrock manager at Sheffield Wednesday once?

Madine's played 26 times this season, although half of those have been from the bench.

Madine's played 26 times this season, although half of those have been from the bench.

My mistake :blush:

Don't know what or who I was looking at, but saw somewhere he was about to join Millwall until they pulled out, so he is available, but doubt he will drop down two divisions.

Chris Phillips hasn't denied it

Chris Phillips is a tease, always has been. When someone asked if we were signing a striker from Wednesday he said "close" - I take this to mean it is a striker from that part of the country ie. the likes of Leeds/Barnsley/Huddersfield would be possibilities. CP is there to sell papers, it's one of the main reasons for his Twitter account. If it's Madine I'll dance naked through the streets of Southend. :hilarious:

Chris Phillips is a tease, always has been. When someone asked if we were signing a striker from Wednesday he said "close" - I take this to mean it is a striker from that part of the country ie. the likes of Leeds/Barnsley/Huddersfield would be possibilities. CP is there to sell papers, it's one of the main reasons for his Twitter account. If it's Madine I'll dance naked through the streets of Southend. :hilarious:

How does "teasing" sell papers?

As soon as the paper comes out the news is on here anyway, 99 times out of 100 its on here before.

Chris does normally say if the guess is wrong, if its right then he cant confirm it before its officially completed.

Thats not to say that no denial guarantees anything is true.

His tweet feed is probably the only one I read regularly every day and Ive got more information early from him (well before the paper comes out) than I have anywhere else, and I never buy the Echo.

Im not sure why there is negativity towards him, he does an excellent job and he has uncovered a lot of good stories for supporters. I guess people just dont like the fact that he does know things before them...

How does "teasing" sell papers?

As soon as the paper comes out the news is on here anyway, 99 times out of 100 its on here before.

Fair point, I'll give you that. You can't deny he's a tease on Twitter though when it comes to stories like this (bit of a Napster perhaps?). :smile:

Well Angelldelight , hope its not too cold when you dance through the streets of Southend naked,:smile:

Don't get me wrong I'd love us to sign Madine, but I think we all need a reality check here. If it's him (and it won't be) he's done himself a huge dis-service by dropping to L2.

P.S. If I DO have to run naked I'll do it in the summer, bugger this cold weather..... :smile:

Fair point, I'll give you that. You can't deny he's a tease on Twitter though when it comes to stories like this (bit of a Napster perhaps?). :smile:

Oh he does drop hints, yet half the time they lead to us working out the answer.

Even in this instance, he may not have given us a name, but at least we know we have a player lined up, so we are still better off information wise than we would have been.

I wonder if that's the player mentioned in the echo and why another striker

Britt/Harris/Eastwood are/have been injured, Corr still has to be treated with kid gloves. Benyon still hasnt delivered and for me should be moved on.

We really only have Tomlin completely fit and available and despite his goal glut the goals seem to have left him again, and whilst Im hoping thats temporary part of me wonders whether he can produce anywhere near that kind of form again.

I remember asking why we needed another striker when Britt signed and that worked out ok.

Sounds like it is Caolan Lavery. Looks like the streets of Southend are safe for the time being :winking:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back