• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gary Moore R.I.P

I am pleased to say with your very kind donations we have raised just over £100. Thank you all so much and that will be more than enough to send something lovely up to Gary's daughter to show our sincere condolences at this sad time to her and in remembrance of such a great player and lovely guy Gary was.

Once again thank you to all who contributed and I will endeavour to show you what we send once we know a funeral date.

Gary's funeral is on Thursday the 2nd December. I have this morning ordered the Blue and White wreath from The Wild Bunch florists in Sunderland (They were recommended to me on the Sunderland forum) to be sent to the funeral directors.. I will also send a condolence card to his daughter Jenna on all of our behalves.

Gary's funeral is on Thursday the 2nd December. I have this morning ordered the Blue and White wreath from The Wild Bunch florists in Sunderland (They were recommended to me on the Sunderland forum) to be sent to the funeral directors.. I will also send a condolence card to his daughter Jenna on all of our behalves.
Will they send a picture of the wreath for us to see .

Sadly never got to see Gary Moore play but my good friend @B.B.The Legend Lives On. arranged for me to send the Kings Lynn and Brentwood programmes to Gary and Billy Best to sign last year, which they both kindly returned with multiple signatures therein. I will treasure these for the rest of my days for sure.

I will be writing an appreciation of Gary Moore’s time at Southend (and indeed his career) for the programme for the Yeovil game and if anyone has any stories/memories of Gary they’d like to share - to perhaps be included in the article, I’d love to hear from you.

RIP Gary Moore. A true Southend legend for all time ??⭐

Thanks for the memories Gary. I first started watching Gary during this era. If my memory is correct Gary shared his debut with Dave Chambers. great times. There will be a lot of defenders out there that will remember Gary. God bless you.
Gary Moore & Dave Chambers made their home debut's together on the 9th.Nov.1968 with both scoring in a 2-0 win against Doncaster Rovers in front of 8,531 fans.
Gary Moore's debut was the previous match away at Vale Park on 4th.Nov. against Port Vale when Blues drew 1-1 with a goal from Sammy McMillan (Att:3,572). Dave Chambers also played in this match but Dave's debut for the club was just 2 days earlier when Blues won by 2-1 against Chester at Sealand Road with goals from Phil Chisnall & Ian"Chico"Hamilton (Att:5,311).

I've just returned from N.Y & catching up on here, & obviously knew nothing of this. Appreciate it's too late to donate for Gary's funeral, but would be more than happy to donate to any cause in his memory, if you know of any?.

Today is Gary's funeral and this guy's is what we sent. I also sent a card to Jenna. The words on the card read,

"Rest in peace Gary, you will be sadly missed. Much love from all your fans at Southend United "Shrimperzone. com".

View attachment 17841View attachment 17842
Thanks very much to everyone who went to the trouble of organizing

Today is Gary's funeral and this guy's is what we sent. I also sent a card to Jenna. The words on the card read,

"Rest in peace Gary, you will be sadly missed. Much love from all your fans at Southend United "Shrimperzone. com".

View attachment 17841View attachment 17842
Thank you so much for the photos John, "Sleep well my Friend" xx

I have been in touch with a member of Gary's family and have been asked if they could send us a 'memory book' to make available for fans to sign. The family have been really touched with the tributes that some of them have seen posted up here and on SUEPA Facebook and would like to see if they could gather some of the comments in writing which they would then have as a keepsake for all family members. I have said we would be happy to help

Now, logistically sorting this could be a bit tricky and no solution could realistically work to capture a note from everyone who would like to put something in the book. However, my current thinking is to have the book available on Sat Feb 26 when we play Solihull as at that game, provisionally at least, I hope to have three of Gary's former team mates at Roots Hall (Bill Garner, Dennis Booth and Bobby Bennett) when we will raise a glass to Gary. I will look in to having the book available for a period on that day outside of the confines of the Legends Lounge, perhaps for a short period in the Shrimpers Bar before the match.

I will let all know on SZ and thro other online channels any final arrangements for this nearer the time.

Back