• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ticket News Gateshead (away) - Saturday 25 November - 3pm

Oh yes, too many to mention!. But one that stands out was our F.A cup 3rd rd game at Peterborough in Jan 74. It was very dodgy in the ground to say the least, and afterwards waiting by our coach's were the local Hells Angel Chapter!.
That was because in 72, some of them got thrown over the wall down Pier Hill on a Bank Hol Mon!.
And to cap a very bad day, the coach broke down (!) at Huntingdon for nigh on 2 hrs, we lost 3-1 & Peterborough drew Leeds at home in the next round!.
Yep, on a few of those of those myself!

Read the other day that the Watford Gap motorway station, (was it still the Blue Boar in those early days), is to be closed. Was always pleased to know we'd be stopping soon, usually the first for trips up the M1, as toilet facilities on the Grimm specials were not usually to be found, well none I want to talk about here! (Newport Pagnell was another one I've got memories of).

Some Saturdays could get a touch tasty with several coaches full of supporters from all over the country converging on the place at the same time, not something anyone has to worry on the 25th I'm sure!

Last edited:
Done this last season, horrendous ground and awful to get any atmosphere going and also so far from the pitch… glad I’m in Centre Parcs as I would probably end up going again 😅

Yes, going for week end. After last season, I'll be used to their 'comfortable and dry' terrace.

• Haha
Reactions: RHB
Ok guys how many we taking. Anything around the 350+ mark will be outstanding. Doubt it will be close to the 800 from last season

I won't be going but fair play to those that do.

It's a hell of a distance.

They are also in excellent for and will be very tough to beat.

Not going this time round but there was a decent boozer close by down by the river - was heaving with both sets of fans, pretty cheap and they had a barbie going outside as well. Would recommend!

Not going this time round but there was a decent boozer close by down by the river - was heaving with both sets of fans, pretty cheap and they had a barbie going outside as well. Would recommend!
Yes went in there last season, was packed so we stood in the beer garden watching some teenagers smoking some dodgy weed behind a wall nearby :Smile:

And plenty of free parking all along the only road between the pub and the stadium.

Back