• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gaunty's Gone

Whilst Gaunty liked debate, he seemed to miss the point of it. He would encourage the listeners to call in with their views but when they disagreed with him he would talk over them and not let them finish. Had the attidude "its my show I'll do what I want"

Alway preferred Ian Collins who has taken his slot over. (although he was off sick today) he is more open minded and can accept a different view point.

He is beyond contempt. Just a shouty, self-obsessed pub bore with nothing to offer the world apart from the short burst of relief he'll give us all when death finally silences him.

He's been compared to James Whale, also sacked by the station, but that's ridiculous. Whale was a superb broadcaster who got over-excited and screwed up. Gaunt is just talentless slime.

I refer the right honourable gentleman to every other post in this thread.

Doesnt mean he is an idiot though. I thought he was quite good, lol.

A plain speaking Englishman who said what he thought. A dying breed.

I say what I think. I'm also prepared to listen to the intelligently presented views of others who disagree with me, and enter into a reasoned debate about the matters involved. Gaunt was incapable of the latter.

I dunno. There still seems to be a fair few around these parts...

Personally, I have a very low opinion of the guy. Spouted bile most of the time and was a walking contradiction. Best off without him...

If anything, this episode has proved that he never thought. Ever.

I don't mind a bit of right-wing polemic myself, but it has to be done well. Whale was good at it. Richard Littlejohn, when he's not having one of his homophobic moments, can be quite clever from time to time. He's so gay though.

Gaunt was just the conservative equivalent of a whining pseudo-communist student, all ill-thought out opinions and emotive shock-tactics. If he was on the left, he'd have read one Michael Moore book built his entire ethos on that. As it was, he was on the right and he shouted a lot.

Is George Galloway still on there?

I don't know actually, but I like him a lot. Mad as an badger, but what a debater! I'd pay good money to watch him and William Hague argue about anything. The only two left in the business that can still do it. All the rest are solicitors who know that if they talk long enough we'll switch over...

I don't know actually, but I like him a lot. Mad as an badger, but what a debater! I'd pay good money to watch him and William Hague argue about anything. The only two left in the business that can still do it. All the rest are solicitors who know that if they talk long enough we'll switch over...

It's a shame that Hague's image was so poor - he is an excellent parliamentarian.

It's a shame that Hague's image was so poor - he is an excellent parliamentarian.

Excellent speaker yes, but not parliamentarian. He was more of a bandwagon boy than Cameron could ever hope to be.

(I seem to recall he was also very good on Have I Got News For You.)

Back