• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Geoff Thomas to ride Le Tour route for Charity

Allez Geoff

Very interesting piece of Geoff Thomas' charity ride of Le Tour 05 route for his Leukaemia charity. As he says if all the PFA affiliated players put in a tenner that would help his target a great deal.

Has anybody heard (W4 Shrimper, I think you mentioned about this a few weeks back) where you can donate to Geoff & his attempt. As a former successful racing cyclist he's about to embark on a challenge that anyone who's ever ridden a bike in anger can only ever hope to achieve.

I have to disagree with the dozy interviewer's comment about he will be the only amateur cyclist ever to have completed this challenge. There's at least 2 separate books on this topic as well as a number of other riders from France & Italy have done this already!

Search Geoff Thomas in google, and his own website should come up. You can donate on there.

Here's the reply I received in terms of donating to Geoff's charity ride if anybody is interested (oh & Kev, I'm not collating getting the bands for people this time, seeing as other 3rd parties haven't yet coughed up what they owe!!!)

Thank you for your recent email regarding Geoff Thomas and his Tour de France Challenge.

Former England footballer Geoff Thomas is taking on the challenge of a lifetime when he cycles the gruelling Tour de France route this summer to help fight leukaemia. To help publicise the event we have produced special red Leukaemia Research wrist bands. The bands can be purchased for £1 each with a postage and packaging cost of 30p per band.

If you are interested in purchasing this one off wrist band you can send a cheque, made out for the amount of bands you require, to the address below. Cheques should be made payable to Leukaemia Research.

Leukaemia Research
43 Great Ormond Street
London
WC1N 3JJ

If you would like any more information about Leukaemia Research or this event please do not hesitate to contact me.

Many thanks for you support.

Regards
Georgina Fitt

PA to the Director of Fundraising

T: 020 7269 9003
F: 020 7405 3139
E: gfitt@lrf.org.uk
W: http://www.lrf.org.uk
Registered Charity 216032

Back