• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

George Galloway

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a wedding present from George Galloway. Well it was really from his wife at the time and him. My wife knew her as she lived in the next block in Dundee. She was a fantastic person, needless to say he left her and the kid. Apparently he used to cheat at monopoly when he wore short trousers.
Dundee is still twinned with Nablus because his anti Israel/pro Palestinian obsession.
He's compleyely mad but I did love him giving that Senate? Committee what for. He really made them look amateurish.

Doesn't matter what anyone thinks of him, there's no excuse for attacking anyone. full stop.

Drastic™;1658315 said:
Doesn't matter what anyone thinks of him, there's no excuse for attacking anyone. full stop.

And there lies the irony. He has never uttered one word of regret regarding Israel, Israelis or indeed the entire Jewish race and religion yet has acted as an apologist for Palestinian attacks and actrocities to the point of actually supporting those actions. He has even said that as far as he is concerned Israel doesn't exist. Not exactly rational is he. I'm only surprised it hasn't happened more often.

The point is surely that Galloway has always been a loose canon.

He was kicked out of the Labour Party for his views on Iraq.

He's certainly charismatic but that's about it.

Just so we are clear. Are you saying his speech in Leeds was acceptable because he is 'charismatic and a loose cannon' or is he being blatantly racist?

With George there is, IMO, merit from people like him generating discussion and debate. that does not mean I agree with many of his views or that he (anyone) should be duffel up/ assaulted.
He is an odd individual and I'd rather he was not an MP or representative for this country as much of his view points are blinkered and unbalanced.

It's for the Police to prosecute people for racism not me.

If the Police find sufficient evidence against him, then presumably he will be prosecuted.If not, then he won't.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leeds-28861448

Unbelievable, truly, you openly accuse UKIP of being racist, you accuse their councillors, MEP's members and supporters of being racist without a shred of proof but you won't give a simple answer to a simple question on whether or not Galloway's speech was racist.

You have openly accused me of racism, in favour of ethnic cleansing and someone who symphonises with the Far Right but you wont pass reasonable comment on one of your far-left chums.

And you call yourself fair and balanced.

Unbelievable, truly, you openly accuse UKIP of being racist, you accuse their councillors, MEP's members and supporters of being racist without a shred of proof but you won't give a simple answer to a simple question on whether or not Galloway's speech was racist.

You have openly accused me of racism, in favour of ethnic cleansing and someone who symphonises with the Far Right but you wont pass reasonable comment on one of your far-left chums.

And you call yourself fair and balanced.

I'd be interested to see if you can produce any proof for the accusations you make above (in bold).

It seems to me that either you believe in the rule of law or you don't.

If you do,then it seems to me, "reasonable","fair and balanced" to let the law take its due course in this matter.

With George there is, IMO, merit from people like him generating discussion and debate. that does not mean I agree with many of his views or that he (anyone) should be duffel up/ assaulted.
He is an odd individual and I'd rather he was not an MP or representative for this country as much of his view points are blinkered and unbalanced.

Indeed. It would be better to use a parker.

I'd be interested to see if you can produce any proof for the accusations you make above (in bold).

It seems to me that either you believe in the rule of law or you don't.

If you do,then it seems to me, "reasonable","fair and balanced" to let the law take its due course in this matter.

That took a bit of hunting down but I found it in the end. Get out of this one.

Taken from the Dale Farm thread post number #143

Do you approve of "ethnic cleansing" then?

Post number #144 was my reply, you touched a nerve that day

Use your same boring excuses as much as you want, it won't wash with me. It's becoming very boring that you should use outdated 'The Nazis did it ' crap when it hasn't. They are there illegally, they have committed acts of lawfulness, they haven't been shifted to concentration camps and either worked or straved to death and they haven't been beaten and shot in the streets by nazi brown shirts or stormtroopers. You know nothing, no less than nothing about what has been happening at Dale Farm other than what The Guardian has been reporting in the last couple of days so don't you dare surggest I approve of ethnic cleansing or anything linked to it. You are just trying to get me to bite but you are just showing yourself to being the worthless toss-pot I always suspected you might be. **** your left wing leanings and **** your attempts to wind me up over something I have suffered over. If you continue with this form of attack on me then I will resort back to my primal ways and kick the **** out of you the next time you attend Roots Hall. Be warned.

And finally post number #145

You obviously know a lot more about living in close proximity with Gypsies/ Travellers than I do.One or two of your posts on this subject,in this particular thread, have been genuinely informative.You'll no doubt be aware,as you've intimated,(as I also am)that the Nazis weren't too keen on Gypsies, either.(Incidentally,you were the first person to link the Nazi treatment of Gypsies with the Dale Farm situation,on this thread).
Also FYI,"ethnic cleansing" has much more recent history than the Nazis(unfortunately).
Btw,I wasn't attempting to wind you up at all,I was asking a genuine question(which you've chosen not to answer directly).
Also,FYI,The Guardian has been covering the Dale Farm case for much longer than the last few days.
(Btw,Don't think,even for a moment,even in your wildest dreams, you could ever intimidate or threaten me, .You'd do better to stick to the arguments of the case and try and control your emotions).

There's your proof and I'll find a bundle more of the snide insults you have thrown at plenty of other people while riding your moral high horse if you want.

Still flicking through the Dale Farm thread. You haven't changed a bit have you Barna. Found another little gem.

Post #290

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
Possibly because they have seen the value of their property plummet.
I haven't seen any people protesting on behalf of these people. Dont they have any human rights?

My reply

Thats my whole point Steveo, the locals haven't resorted to violence even though they are the aggrieved. A ex work mate of mine lives in Oak Road Crays Hill which leads directly to Dale Farm and he has had to put up with all the grief that comes with it for 10 years. He also knows Len Gridlet whos land and home backs onto the site. He is close to breaking point and when I say breaking point I mean going mad, losing his mind and doing something that everyone will regret. If that site isn't torn down then Len will be the biggest victim here and almost certainly will be pushed over the edge.

Post #292 from Davewebbsbrain

Is he the guy who was on the TV the other day, I saw him set fire to something that the gypsies had stuck in his land. He then called the police to say what he had done and they arrested him. I feel so so sorry for him

Post #295 my reply

Thats the guy. I recovered his car a couple of months back and he is proper on the edge. He has endured so much that I am frankly amazed he hasn't gone completely insane by now. A few years ago he was on some Channel 5 programme where some ex-army major sorted out disputes between neighbours. After Len and a group of the travellers met up with each other they agreed to work out their differences. When the cameras stopped rolling the trouble started again, fly tipping, running a raw sewage pipe onto his land, idle threats and a general **** you attitude towards him. If that man ever gets hold of a gun then he will slaughter the lot of them out of pure frustration.

Post #298 BarnaBlue with his informed reply

I saw that newsclip too.At the end of his tether maybe but he still looks like a bit of a nutter to me.

Post #305 This was where the Feral Rat stuff started but don't worry about that,one of your better insults that I quite liked and have told you that in the past.

And with that very comment you lose the arguement and show yourself up for the bigot you really are. You judge a book by it's cover without any knowledge of what that man has been through, he looks like a nutter so thats what you base your biase on. Stick with your misleading Guardian articles and post your left wing, brain washing ideology, it will give the rest of us something to snigger at.

Yours
Feral Rat

Post #307 One of my particular favorites, 'you and your kind?

I'm not biased ,though I do have opinions(not all of them which come from The Guardian).
However, I suspect that makes me no more(or less) of a bigot, than you actually are.
(My younger brother's actually met you(so he tells me) and apparently you're a bit of a loose cannon ie unpredictable).
ps If the name fits....
pps ,I'm glad I make you(and your kind)laugh.But I'd prefer to make you cry.

Wonder what else I'm going to find. So glad you wanted some proof of what a two-faced, biased, toad you are. And I'm only 21 pages in of 60 odd. :smile: Stay tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back