• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Getting interesting in my part of the world.

* ORM *

Still Loves Emma Bunton. Roy McDonough is God!
Flying the flag for SUFC in Sai Kung, Hong Kong
We've been told to work from home ha ha. I'm going in anyway. I saw a lot of this first hand yesterday and it's no worse or better than anything I've seen in the City over the years. For anyone that knows the Wan Chai scene it was quite surreal yesterday evening to see a couple of thousand protestors have running battles in the Main Street with others enjoying a Sunday evening pint or more along the sides.

Interesting though especially the original reason behind this. A real test of character and appetite on both sides but like most things taken over by those who just want disruption because they've nothing better to do with their lives. Tear gas is an interesting step and the other thing out here is there is much more sympathy for the protestors than would be the case in the UK. The locals value their separation from the mainland and are not taking too kindly to the footage of police tactics here. The authorities need to tread a fine line on upholding the law on this one.

Did you make it into Central in the end?

Worked Monday. I'm on the edge of Wan Chai and Admiralty with a perfect view of proceedings from my vantage point. Been in Indonesia since Tuesday night and without wifi or TV until last night. Looks like a pivotal day today. Can see this getting ugly. HK needs to return to normal tomorrow. With public holidays this past Wed/Thurs it was always going to be an odd week. Land at 830pm local time tonight. Could be an interesting trip home

Got some close up and dirty videos and pics from the Police barricade crushing in Admiralty today but having real trouble uploading them. Shame as I was 5 feet away from the action. Can I email to someone more technically proficient to do?

Back