• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Getting the Brush Off?

Good on him, about bloody time they made their minds up. Also says some interest in our transfer listed players, so hopefully get some money in for Tilly to spend.

another idle threat?...Tilly did that a cpl of weeks ago....really scared them into making a descision, didnt it?

Good on Brushy,

The G-Man and Flavs are two of my favourite players but if you dont want to be at Southend then good luck elsewhere. No point being held to ransom to find out in mid July they have gone elsewhere.

I want players that are here because they want to play for Southend.

Well done Brushy. I know players have a right to keep their options open but they've had a decent length of time now since the end of the season and, as their contracts are coming to an end, would be able to go out and talk to other clubs. If there are clubs that have shown interest (as is almost definitely the case with Gower), they have a decision to make but it could be time to say goodbye so that the club can continue its process of rebuilding for the new season.

The G-Man and Flavs are two of my favourite players but if you dont want to be at Southend then good luck elsewhere. No point being held to ransom to find out in mid July they have gone elsewhere.

Don't think it's really a case of them holding us to ransom, like say Bailey did. They're out of contract so are free speak to other clubs. They've not demanded more wages off us.

Agree that Brushy has done the right thing though, we decisions one way or the other from Gower & Flavs so we know where we stand so that we can plan properly for next season and get in good replacements if they do go.

Good on Brushy,

I want players that are here because they want to play for Southend.

thats exactly right i think..

it's not like we can mourn over them for the next season, shame to say it but if they go we're gunna have to look at something else quite soon

In fairness to Brushy, its been nearly what, 6 weeks since we wrapped up the playoffs? Plenty of time to consider a new contract in that space of time. I know Flavs has been busy getting married, and Gower may have been away on holidays, but that's what agents are for - and this ultimatum should give them all the kick up the back side they might need

Nice one Brushy :) The quicker they were to leave the more time we have to look around for a better player. If not we would snap any guy up, most probably on a free! Now we can really see if they want to play for the club or not!

Good on him, about bloody time they made their minds up. Also says some interest in our transfer listed players, so hopefully get some money in for Tilly to spend.

Yeah, good old Brushy, probably the worst manager at Leyton Orient in recent years throws his weight around whilst the boss is away with probably two of our most influential players in the last few years, and you all pat him on the back. Would you be quite so happy if he took over from Tilly as manager, er don't think so!

Yeah, good old Brushy, probably the worst manager at Leyton Orient in recent years throws his weight around whilst the boss is away with probably two of our most influential players in the last few years, and you all pat him on the back. Would you be quite so happy if he took over from Tilly as manager, er don't think so!

Wiggy is clearly Sacha in Hollyoaks, ie, you must be smacked off your tits to come up with the crap that you spout!

Feck off Wiggy - and you will get the same response from me all season to every one of your miserable posts.:finger:

So if you were manager, you would be rather be held to ransom by two players than to give them a deadline. Great manager you would be!

Fishing again Wiggy..

Don't you ever change the bait ?

>><(())'> J

Last edited:
Back