• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gillingham (F.A. Cup) Be There!!

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
So, Saturday 7th November we face Gillingham at Priestfield. With our current plight I suggest that we take as many fans as possible to the game. The Away end, as crap as it is (If it's raining!) holds 1,500 on your average league game. But, as it's the cup I'm sure we could take the whole end (3,000+) if the demand was there. I'm sure Gills would not turn us away and as we get about 40% of the gate receipts, it will go some way to helping us, whether we are in Administration or not.

So, regardless of next Weds outcome, make sure you and a friend or two (SUFC or not) make the trip across the Thames, to cheer our boys on (A cup run would be a life saver!) and help the club financially at the same time. It's an easy trip, so absolutely no excuses. This could (in theory, although very very unlikely) be our last F.A. Cup game as Southend United F.C.

Make your plans now people. Let's make sure we fill that WHOLE away end and show the club and the *******s at The F.A. that we will not be defeated, whatever they may throw at us.

Same can be said for this Friday's game to be honest. Invite everyone you know down, whether they like football or not. Let's fill the bloody ground people. This is our chance to show we care about OUR club.

I noticed on the highlights that Charlton had the whole of the away shack at Gills last week, so there is a possibility we will be allowed the same

I will be trying to get to the game and will also attempt to get some others to come too.

We will be there, just waiting for the ticket details to be published, and i will be paying cash for 8 tickets, not credit card, as apparently cash will get into the club immediately, credit card will not get into the club until after administration (IF it happens). I am also going down tomorrow to purchase 8 tickets for the Orient game away on 28th December. Just wish we could really get through to all supporters and make them realise that real support will help the club more than anything else. UTB IN TILLY & BRUSH WE TRUST.

Coach Gary? Parking is a flipping nightmare. I'm going with my dad.

nope. too expensive for 3 going such a short distance. parking is fine as the roads you can park in is on the Gills website. that list and a satnav worked just fine for me last time i went.

this time tho i could well be teaming up with another couple of chaps and going with them.

big news - the 'stealth zoner' has decided to post. time to boost my very unimpressive posting average of 11.66666 posts a year!

as the late michael jackson once sang - #i'll be there.....#. plus, i bought our tickets with readies yesterday cos i am such a good boy :)

even though my car may still have 2 spare seats for the journey, i might have to see if i can pick up a couple of hitch-hikers on the a2. i don't care if they're planning on going to dover (as they normally are!), they'll be in the away end of the priestfield stadium at 3pm whether they like it or not!

still fancy the idea of going by boat though. kay, you dug your dinghy out of the loft yet? you did promise...

we have our tickets, 2 adult and 1 child, we have upper row so please everyone pray that it isn't wet and windy or it will be awful. We are going by Trust coach, it saves all the hassle of parking and parking down there is hell. UTB

Got my 4 tickets yesterday.
Not being too far to travel I can also be home in time to watch X-Factor

So, Saturday 7th November we face Gillingham at Priestfield. With our current plight I suggest that we take as many fans as possible to the game. The Away end, as crap as it is (If it's raining!) holds 1,500 on your average league game. But, as it's the cup I'm sure we could take the whole end (3,000+) if the demand was there. I'm sure Gills would not turn us away and as we get about 40% of the gate receipts, it will go some way to helping us, whether we are in Administration or not.

So, regardless of next Weds outcome, make sure you and a friend or two (SUFC or not) make the trip across the Thames, to cheer our boys on (A cup run would be a life saver!) and help the club financially at the same time. It's an easy trip, so absolutely no excuses. This could (in theory, although very very unlikely) be our last F.A. Cup game as Southend United F.C.

Make your plans now people. Let's make sure we fill that WHOLE away end and show the club and the *******s at The F.A. that we will not be defeated, whatever they may throw at us.

Done! It looks like I have a people carrier full too! It has to be done & I have a few STH who don't normally do away games going! That said, the idea was floated & it was a thumbs up almost immediately!! :clap:

going with 4mates as we are only 15 have to go on the train its takes double the time but we will be there

lets fill the away end come shrimpers you know u makes sense

Right, who's making the trip to The Priestfield via Tilbury ferry and train? Me and a few of my lot will be, would be good to see a big crowd of Shrimpers going this way.

Back