• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Give the players a Chance

sufcintheprem

This is a modified caption
I was just perusing the official site and I found this article that I think many of us on this board might do well to read and consider. Not hugely relevant at the moment, but certainly worth your time and consideration.

Not sure about the author but the style oozes Lewis Crowe, so I'll give him the plaudits.

Give players a chance

I particularly like his example about someone shouting at you at work.
laugh.gif

I suppose if it's not you or I that the (anonymous) author is talking about, then we have little to worry about. Personally, I agree with whoever he/she is in that the players should be allowed to perform. Something the author forgets to mention though, which is perhaps the most important point, is that on the field of play, if you abuse a player for being crap, useless, short of pace, couldn't hit the arse of a cow with a banjo, too defensive, blah, blah, blah...

Just remember who said the player can play!!!

How can some of us support Tilson & Brush, say how great they are when working together, then go and abuse the very players they have selected for that match...? I put it down to opinions varying (just like on this board) on the terraces and if these individuals don't like a player, what can we do about it? nothing...

FWIW, if criticism is levelled at us (the fans), then that should come from a senior figure at the club, but the fact that it came from fanscene, I don't think people will take a lot of notice. Some people will criticise, some will comment, some will hurl abuse and most will just trudge away in quiet discontent... that's life!  

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Oct. 22 2004,10:10)]FWIW, if criticism is levelled at us (the fans), then that should come from a senior figure at the club, but the fact that it came from fanscene, I don't think people will take a lot of notice. Some people will criticise, some will comment, some will hurl abuse and most will just trudge away in quiet discontent... that's life!  
Christ, imagine if RM came out and told us to stop whinging. Would be hilarious!

I don't think its one of Lew's , the word Custodian isn't in it.....

Anyone else notice the sub headline for the Scunny report, "as the Crowe flies" jeezus...

"The ink has barely dried on the contract of new custodian Bart Griemink and already there are some who are writing him off even before he has had a chance to join his new team-mates for pre-season training at Boots & Laces later this week. Haven't we been through this before less than a year ago? Wasn't the hapless Carl Emberson hounded out of the club by a small evil cabal of so-called fans who found it necessary to abuse the player at every turn? I think we can all agree that Emberson was not the answer to our custodial problems"

I think we can assume it's our friend Mr. Crowe, advocate of custodian and master of the understatement!

biggrin.gif

Back