• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Giving things up for Lent

MK Shrimper

Striker
Anyone abstaining from something for 40 days?

I think I'll refrain from neg-repping Hindle666. It'll be a struggle, but I'm sure I can get through it.

I'll abstain from giving anyone red too!

Hold on, i've never been able to!!

thinks again.......

I'll be giving up hope of getting a mortgage until at least 2016, after the Co-Op told me at lunchtime that buying something like a £250K flat in London would cost me and the missus at least £50K* up front...

*£37K for the 15% deposit (the minimum mortgage most banks are offering is 85%), and another £13K or so for the admin, surveyors, legal fees, moving costs, stamp duty, £1000 mortgage approval from the bank, decorating spruce up etc.

I'll be giving up hope of getting a mortgage until at least 2016, after the Co-Op told me at lunchtime that buying something like a £250K flat in London would cost me and the missus at least £50K* up front...

*£37K for the 15% deposit (the minimum mortgage most banks are offering is 85%), and another £13K or so for the admin, surveyors, legal fees, moving costs, stamp duty, £1000 mortgage approval from the bank, decorating spruce up etc.

if you can't borrow during lent when can you ?

Giving up booze - no seriously. I haven't had a drink since Saturday which, if you know me, is impressive.

I started a few days early as its my birthday in the middle of March so I know I'll be drinking then and i need to make up for it.

Last edited:
Was thinking about booze, but I just don't think I have the willpower! Think it will be something quite traditional like bread.

Instead of using your own strength to for go these things is it not all about using the love and strength of Jesus to help you give theses pleasures?

Personally I am not religious so will not be giving anything up but if I were to be it would be a more egotistical attitudes like bitterness, envy, ect

Giving up booze - no seriously. I haven't had a drink since Saturday which, if you know me, is impressive.

I started a few days early as its my birthday in the middle of March so I know I'll be drinking then and i need to make up for it.
I am the same but since Friday. Four entire days. This is now my longest period without drinking since 1996 which is probably cause for concern but meh.

Not tied to Lent though, just coincides with a quiet social period and a lack of cash!

Back