• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Glenn Pennyfather sacked by Chelmsford

Good week for Justin Edinburgh but not so good for Glenn! The odd win or defeat here or there and it could have been the other way around!

Noticed that Chelmsford have Craig Calver in their team, who was supposed to be one of those youths with potential, and has only scored 3 goals this season.

I remember when he scored a cracker in a pre-season friendly against Canvey a few seasons back.

Geoff King must still be friendly with Tilson from the Canvey days. Have no idea who else they would appoint.

Geoff King must still be friendly with Tilson from the Canvey days. Have no idea who else they would appoint.
King is not involved at Chelmsford,he is back at Canvey now,Dont put the money in he used to though.

King is not involved at Chelmsford,he is back at Canvey now,Dont put the money in he used to though.

Ah right, didn't know he left. Still think Tilly will take over.

Ah right, didn't know he left. Still think Tilly will take over.
Yeah i agree there is a good chance.Would be a step up from Canvey.His mate Danny Greaves was working on the coaching staff at Chelmsford,I dont know if he left with Pennyfather.If Greaves is still there be handy for Tilly to link up with him

Tilson to Chelmsford would be a good move for him.

Would be a great move for him, but not sure it would be a great move for them! I'm not really getting the "Tilly is a great manager" hype - OK he had a couple of great seasons with us, but I think he might have got lucky with the bunch of players he had. Let's face it since he left us he took Lincoln down from the conference and had a mediocre season at Canvey.

I would however welcome him back as Ricky Duncan's replacement as I think he is a good coach of youngsters and a great man to have around the club.

Would be a great move for him, but not sure it would be a great move for them! I'm not really getting the "Tilly is a great manager" hype - OK he had a couple of great seasons with us, but I think he might have got lucky with the bunch of players he had. Let's face it since he left us he took Lincoln down from the conference and had a mediocre season at Canvey.

I would however welcome him back as Ricky Duncan's replacement as I think he is a good coach of youngsters and a great man to have around the club.

I find it hard to believe you can get lucky enough to win two promotions.

He was fortunate to have some good players (some of which he was actually responsible for signing) but you have to be a decent manager to get results over 92 games.

Lincoln were in all sorts of problems when he took over so it wasnt exactly a shock for them to go down.

Does the name Paul Brush mean anything to any of you .I still say two promotions won at southend was driven on by him not Tilson alone .Same as the deadly duo brought on two relegations .

Disappointed for Glenn. My son and I meet him and his wife, well outside the area and it was a few days after their splendid drubbing of Col Ewe and we made a point of speaking to him and congratulating him on the win and more especially as who it was against. He wished the Blues well and was genuinely keen for us to beat Bury in our second round. Thoroughly decent man and we wish him well for his next Managerial stint, and we hope it will be as successful as Justin Edinburgh's.

Back