• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Global Warming not down to the Sun ! Its all us kiddies ;)

No one is refuting Global warming isnt happening, but Global warming caused by human actions certainly isnt as factual as you seem to think.

The anti-global warming brigade has seen a huge snowballing effect, which was helped by events such as the Tsunami making people think the world was about to be destroyed (despite it being an earthquake).

However theres plenty of skeptical scientists etc out there, and any doubt I had disappeared when I found out David Bellamy doesnt believe it.

The planet would have been warmer now than 1000 years ago if we had existed or not. You can debate whether its been accelerated as much as you like but I still find it absurd people think that using washing machines at a slightly lesser temperature will make the planet cooler.

No one is refuting Global warming isnt happening, but Global warming caused by human actions certainly isnt as factual as you seem to think.

The anti-global warming brigade has seen a huge snowballing effect, which was helped by events such as the Tsunami making people think the world was about to be destroyed (despite it being an earthquake).

However theres plenty of skeptical scientists etc out there, and any doubt I had disappeared when I found out David Bellamy doesnt believe it.

The planet would have been warmer now than 1000 years ago if we had existed or not. You can debate whether its been accelerated as much as you like but I still find it absurd people think that using washing machines at a slightly lesser temperature will make the planet cooler.

Finally... here here

Not really.. Find a subject that involves fluffy Seal cubs, get people to worry about their Grand children living in water world, add in some jealousy by slating people with flash cars.. Make sure the whole thing is unproveable either way.. Get the national television channel on your side and Bobs you're Aunties brother..

Or sell people the latest electronic gadets with extended warrenties then requireing the latest accessories , games etc , upgrade it every 3 years as a life cycle of product .

I beat you Micro$****e Sony and Nintendo have earnt more.

Apathy is the greatest tool against teh cuddly critter syndrome , and given our society of teh last few generations most people dont give a rats chuff for their future

There are far far easier ways to extract money on a country wide scale then this .

Actually, watch the adverts and you will see how "global warming" is now being incorporated into advertising.

Buy a new washing machine because it will save the planet.

Theres serious money in being part of the global warming movement, companies using it as a sales device, scientists now get funding if they are seen to be researching environmental issues.

David Cameron has really jumped on the bandwagon in an attempt to gain office, could British tax payers money be used to fund anti-global warming projects ? Probably. Ive nothing against anti-pollution projects but not in the name of reducing global warming...

Or sell people the latest electronic gadets with extended warrenties then requireing the latest accessories , games etc , upgrade it every 3 years as a life cycle of product .

I beat you Micro$****e Sony and Nintendo have earnt more.

Apathy is the greatest tool against teh cuddly critter syndrome , and given our society of teh last few generations most people dont give a rats chuff for their future

So this is some anti Capalist thing then..you cant Sell things people wont buy.. only Governemnts can do that.. If there was a market for Bakerlight radios that lasted 40 years Sony would make them. Funnily enough its these Big firms research budgets that will invent the things that will reduce the pollution of this planet.. Technology is the answer to pollution.. Wether this will affect Global warming is of course another thing ..

And there in lies my problem with your argument . Lack of a looking at the conciquences leading to wider picture. If everyone used a washingmachine that woul dbe fine . Sadly say 50 million peopl in uk , 16 million are regular responsible adult washing machine users . The average washing amchine for arguments sake use's 4000W (i checked some do !) . Thats 16 million x 4000W . Now of course this is spread over multiple power relay stations , thats fine you say , hmm wait how are these powerded. Wheres th "waste" for the fuel for the power stations (carbon based fuel).

I have no problem with teh sceptial scientist , thats fantastic , they then drive their peers (as it should be ) to bring as much hard evidence as possible to prove their theories and models . But not one of them i would bet would believe in such an isolated argument of none consequential action.

Actually, watch the adverts and you will see how "global warming" is now being incorporated into advertising.

Buy a new washing machine because it will save the planet.

Theres serious money in being part of the global warming movement, companies using it as a sales device, scientists now get funding if they are seen to be researching environmental issues.

David Cameron has really jumped on the bandwagon in an attempt to gain office, could British tax payers money be used to fund anti-global warming projects ? Probably. Ive nothing against anti-pollution projects but not in the name of reducing global warming...

or watch some supermodel who has jetted round the globe many times to do essential stuff like wear Ralph laurens lattest top tell how she loves washing at 30C as much as being a Mum..with her Carbon footprint so far she should be washing her clothes in a fking stream with two rocks.. Better still is the Ariel advert with the thermostats on the Icebergs and the mandatory Polar bear.. they are selling a box of effing detergent for Christs sake!

Thats true, howeverI have children, I care very much about the future and their well being.

I certainly want a clean environment for them to grow up in and to an extent welcome changes to more efficient energy usage and more environmentally friendly ways of life.

That all said and done I still dont believe these improvements should be done under a flag of global warming....

So this is some anti Capalist thing then..you cant Sell things people wont buy.. only Governemnts can do that.. If there was a market for Bakerlight radios that lasted 40 years Sony would make them. Funnily enough its these Big firms research budgets that will invent the things that will reduce the pollution of this planet.. Technology is the answer to pollution.. Wether this will affect Global warming is of course another thing ..

Nope , its a sensible attitude as it can be neither pro nor anti captialist as if theres even a grain of truth to it there will be a massively reduced market or none at all (in response to Jam mans above the adverts are just a response with in the soicety we live in you could just as easily say its all pro and the moneys going to save the planet using your logic there (which of course its not)

It is part of the problem in teh first place as the open free market has been unchecked and the buyers (yes we wee folk again ) took no responsiblity for what we were buying or what was on offer . SOny would make their product for 40 years if it had a market to sell to . If their market discovered it damaged them in some way it would force the product out.

And no its not just the RD teams of big companeys alone , those pesky scientsist and even one of our own on here (the Stand by plug invented by a fellow shrimper) will assit in a reduction of power usuage.

The right application of techonolgie possibly will . TO believe in it in that way seems to be almost a faith !

Thats true, howeverI have children, I care very much about the future and their well being.

I certainly want a clean environment for them to grow up in and to an extent welcome changes to more efficient energy usage and more environmentally friendly ways of life.

That all said and done I still dont believe these improvements should be done under a flag of global warming....

Then dont do it under someones banner do it because its the "right" action

SARF said:
or watch some supermodel who has jetted round the globe many times to do essential stuff like wear Ralph laurens lattest top tell how she loves washing at 30C as much as being a Mum..with her Carbon footprint so far she should be washing her clothes in a fking stream with two rocks.. Better still is the Ariel advert with the thermostats on the Icebergs and the mandatory Polar bear.. they are selling a box of effing detergent for Christs sake!

Personel responsibilty the model teh pilot the ground crew , you fro wtaching the telly . Dont like any of it change it . But dont accept anything blindly with out trying to do it . Yes thier pushing it via teh only mediums they know poeple react to , if people had maybe been a little more aware previously we wont need peopel to tell is (We have a nanny state becuase we got lazy and forgot we tell our "staff" MP's etc what we wnat not what they tell us we want )

Its the growth in world population which is causing the problem. Each person exhales co2 burns fossil fuels etc. Old people , who feel the cold more and walk about less, burn more fossil fuel. the easiest way to cut down on Co2 emmissions would be for every country to agreed to a 25% cull in their population and then impose mandatory sterilization for both parents after the birth of thie first child. If they wish to avoid this sterilization they must agree to the culling of one family member for every additional child.
This would have the added effect of reducing the strain on the world food stocks, reduce deforestation and save the entire planet.

The 1.6 bn bodies generated by this cull could be utiled as fertilizer or animal feed (may be even fuel ) thus reducing further the impact on the planet.

My suggestions as how to administer this cull would be firstly to ask for volunteers....anyone who cares about the enviroment would willingly step forward , wouldn't they ?

so

where is the summer?

Lol. Best post of the thread :)

That reminds me, last year it was constantly on the news, the reservoirs are empty ! We are doomed! Global warming!!!

This year I saw one news report in the spring saying how the reservoirs are full and well above average.

The problem is Global Warming brigade will just say, oh yes but that will happen, global warming just means it will be unpredictable and not dry every year. Yet they are happy to jump up and down when they were dry.

Its like trying to reason with a Christian, ask one why if God exists children of believers get murdered and you get the old "moves in Mysterious Ways".

Global warming is similar, far more scientific facts of course but still covered in a shroud of unknown and guesswork.

Human nature means people cant just accept things the way they are they have to believe in something and in the decline of religion I agree with the post above that this is indeed a new religion.

My suggestions as how to administer this cull would be firstly to ask for volunteers....anyone who cares about the enviroment would willingly step forward , wouldn't they ?

If they cared that passionality , yes . mind you equally that would make those who didnt deliberatly wanting to remain and damage the enviromet :D (its like the Cahars all over again)

Swines die !!!! Though i do agree we gorssly over populated as well.

summer reservoir levels are due to the amount of winter rain because it takes 4 months for the rainwater to perculate

Lol. Best post of the thread :)

That reminds me, last year it was constantly on the news, the reservoirs are empty ! We are doomed! Global warming!!!

This year I saw one news report in the spring saying how the reservoirs are full and well above average.

The problem is Global Warming brigade will just say, oh yes but that will happen, global warming just means it will be unpredictable and not dry every year. Yet they are happy to jump up and down when they were dry.

Its like trying to reason with a Christian, ask one why if God exists children of believers get murdered and you get the old "moves in Mysterious Ways".

Global warming is similar, far more scientific facts of course but still covered in a shroud of unknown and guesswork.

Human nature means people cant just accept things the way they are they have to believe in something and in the decline of religion I agree with the post above that this is indeed a new religion.

Acutually it was also huge miss managment of water resevers and badly maintained infustrtcutre on the part of the water companies , but why spoil the above with more facts :D

No i agree humans dont seem to accept the way things are as its a constant flux . However ive no problems if people thing more and question more and make that their new reilgion .

Acutually it was also huge miss managment of water resevers and badly maintained infustrtcutre on the part of the water companies , but why spoil the above with more facts :D

No i agree humans dont seem to accept the way things are as its a constant flux . However ive no problems if people thing more and question more and make that their new reilgion .

I do if they expect me to pay for it..

summer reservoir levels are due to the amount of winter rain because it takes 4 months for the rainwater to perculate
Isnt that beacuse evaporation and plants growing take up most summer rainfall normally.. I think we have seen enough rain and cloud to get over those two hurdles..

Back