• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Goal of the year

shrimper_sam

Manager
There are two which stick in my mind one is Eastwoods goal against swansea when goater headed it on for Eastwood to score the goal which sent us up.

The other...

Eastwoods Freekick against Manchester United was also a goal that shall stay in my mind for many years to come.

unclesam.gif

Happy new year to everyone at shrimperzone.

Eastwoods at Barnsley last season to make it 2 each, what a screamer.

hmmmm . . . . Eastwood strike against Man Ure

to beat a quality keeper, and to score what proved to be the winning goal, then this strike has to be the best IMHO

Al

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper_sam @ Dec. 31 2006,19:47)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (hullbridge shrimper @ Dec. 31 2006,19:45)]Eastwoods at Barnsley last season to make it 2 each, what a screamer.
Wasn't that 2005 on Freddys Bday -
No that was against Bristol city, this was back in april.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (hullbridge shrimper @ Dec. 31 2006,19:45)]Eastwoods at Barnsley last season to make it 2 each, what a screamer.
Same here. This was one of my first away games, and what a way to get going really!

We certainly had a go at the ref that half time
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fredheim_holm @ Dec. 31 2006,22:40)]
[b said:
Same here. This was one of my first away games, and what a way to get going really!

We certainly had a go at the ref that half time  
tounge.gif
...and when they thought they had scored to make it 3-2 and the ref disallowed it, that was probably the loudest and most enjoyable chant of "SIT DOWN SHUT UP" that I have ever participated in.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Jan. 01 2007,01:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (MK Shrimper @ Dec. 31 2006,20:42)]Eastwood scoring virtually from the corner flag V Hartlepool.
I'll drink to that one.
Jeff Stelling looked like he could use a drink when that one came up on the vidiprinter, too.

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Dec. 31 2006,23:28)]that was probably the loudest and most enjoyable chant of "SIT DOWN SHUT UP" that I have ever participated in.
I agree with that, not terribly ladylike, (from my point of view) but good grief it felt good
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blueritethru @ Jan. 01 2007,11:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Dec. 31 2006,23:28)]that was probably the loudest and most enjoyable chant of "SIT DOWN SHUT UP" that I have ever participated in.
I agree with that, not terribly ladylike, (from my point of view) but good grief it felt good
biggrin.gif
Or when Freddy scored to maqke it 2-2, 'THATS WHY WE'RE TOP OF THE LEAGUE'

Great memories

For technique mccormack at home to the saints was fairly hard to beat. Great shape beat the defender and curled a beauty from 20+ yards. I have to admit though both of eastwoods goals against swansea were top drawer.

For purely quality of the goal then Eastwood against Man U or McCormack against Soton, but if you take in the moment as a whole then Eastwood's winner at Chesterfield or his equaliser at Barnsley were special moments.

I know its not goals scored, but I still grin to myself when I think of the stunning saves Darryl made last season, (and somes crackers this season too, I hasten to add),  the chant of "that's why we're top of the league" echoed round the grounds, home and away  
biggrin.gif

Happy days
smile.gif

Freddy's strike to nick all 3 points at Blackpool on Jan 2 last year was something truly special. Made even better by seeing how the crowd's reaction in the temporary away stand shook the camera when they showed the goal on FLR.
smile.gif

I'd also go for Eastwood's goal at Barnsley on Easter Monday, with the Hartlepool goal from the byline a close second.

Back