• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Highlights don't show McLaughlin giving the ball away on the halfway line when we were on the attack for their first. We were enjoying our best spell of the match at that stage. Not the first time he's done that.

I don't remember Vale having any other notable efforts on goal.

1st goal: Awful defending to let the cross come into the box in the first place seeing as the crosser was surrounded by three blue shirts. Sokolik then at fault for leaving his man and standing in no mans land as the cross came in. Demetriou wasn't shy about telling him what he thought of being left to do Sokolik's job.

2nd goal: Quite difficult to pin point the blame, other than poor overall defending, but I'd say it was a mixture of Barrett and Sokolik. Barrett challenged for the ball with Streete and then ball watched whilst Streete quickly got himself into space. Barrett should have been quicker to react and far more aware of where his man was, but Sokolik saw it happening and ran off to do his own thing rather than covering Barrett.

All in all, we're in desperate need of one or two really decent new centre backs. Forget Simpson, the defence should be our main priority. The jury's still out on Sokolik for me and Barrett, despite being a hero of mine and still having something to offer, shouldn't be playing every game at this level when he's 37 this season. It quite simply isn't good enough and it's easy to blame Oxley as he's the goalkeeper, but any keeper would struggle with such an awful defence in front of them.

Set peices again aye... I wonder if it's any coincidence that us being poor at delivering attacking set peices has something to do with us being poor at defending set peices... Considering it'll be those attacking set peices being delivered for the defenders to defend against in training.

Back