• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Goals!

Phippsy

C2Cs finest⭐
Now before anyone shoots me down i do realise its only pre season and its all about fitness, but surely im not the only one who is ever so slightly concerned about the amount of goals we are conceding.

I appreciate we have a couple of injuries and im in no way knocking sir Steve but do you reckon he knows yet which 5 will start at the back next week?

On a slightly brighter note...............we seem to know how to score this pre season so maybe we will be a "if you score 2 we will score 3" team

swings and roundabouts for me really... if you are worried by the goals then at least be happy that we are scoring a lot too! i don't think you can take much from it (i reckon sat will be a stale 0-0) and like TnB have said all along, it's about sharpness and fitness and i think we can see that emerging

I really hope so i really do because we really need a good start and the boys at the back could really help us this season, even though we all believe that its up front which will win us promotion

swings and roundabouts for me really... if you are worried by the goals then at least be happy that we are scoring a lot too! i don't think you can take much from it (i reckon sat will be a stale 0-0) and like TnB have said all along, it's about sharpness and fitness and i think we can see that emerging

The problem is that against League opposition it will be more difficult to score, and we will also find it more difficult to keep a clean sheet. One goal wins against these teams doesn't bode well.

I'm hoping we will be OK, but it is a concern.

The problem is that against League opposition it will be more difficult to score, and we will also find it more difficult to keep a clean sheet. One goal wins against these teams doesn't bode well.

I'm hoping we will be OK, but it is a concern.
Agree,must get tighter at the back. Defending is not just about back 4, m field have got to get goalside when teams break on us,i suppose that hopefuly will come with improved fitness.

It is only friendlies but I would have thought we would have kept at least one clean sheet. After all, although not comeptitive, you do send defenders out to defend.

I'm not that worried as I think we've got the raw material to fashion a decent defence in various ways and to cover most eventualities.

If you look at the current situation, we've lost our two probable first choice full backs and can still pick any two from Barrett, Wilson, Hunt, and Gilbert to replace them.

I also believe that AB might be under some serious pressure at CB this season and might find that LB gives him best chance of a place in the team. I think Clarkey (when fit) and Richards might provide the best balance in the middle.

I'm not that worried as I think we've got the raw material to fashion a decent defence in various ways and to cover most eventualities.

If you look at the current situation, we've lost our two probable first choice full backs and can still pick any two from Barrett, Wilson, Hunt, and Gilbert to replace them.

I also believe that AB might be under some serious pressure at CB this season and might find that LB gives him best chance of a place in the team. I think Clarkey (when fit) and Richards might provide the best balance in the middle.

Does anyone know if Richards is a right or left-sided centre-back?

How about Liptak?

I also believe that AB might be under some serious pressure at CB this season and might find that LB gives him best chance of a place in the team.

I really hope not.

Barrett for me is a centre back not a left back. In an emergeny Im happy for him to cover there but its not his position.

With the amount of full backs we have I dont see him having to hopefully.

Last edited:
Back