• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

With the fixtures due to be published next week (:omg: already?), I thought I would have a look at what clubs to target for trips next season.

We have lost 2 southern teams in Barnet and Aldershot and picked up 1 team from the Midlands (Mansfield), one from Wales (Newport), 3 from the North (Bury, Hartlepool and Scunthorpe) and then Portsmouth.

I will be looking at trying (finally!) to get down to Torquay and Exeter and across to Newport as it is a ground I haven't been to and because of the Southend connection with the manager.

Otherwise, it looks like I will be back visiting the same old grounds again as I am not aware that there are any new builds this year.

plus losing Gillingham, it's gonna be an expensive year!

I hope these long away games are spread through the season... one a month in the first week after payday would be OK.

I will be looking out for Oxford as I am moving there next week. And any other away games near that area which I am not 100% sure are near me as I am Carterton and don't know the area that well.

It must be one of the most northern bias season's ever.
So hoping for either Pompey or Northampton to be last away match and the promotion party :clap:

Rubbish isn't it. I would not class Mansfield as the midlands either, its further north than you think.

Chatting to a work colleague from Leicester last week, he said he reckoned Mansfield was where the north starts.

It's about two hours from me in the car; toying with heading to that one, depending on when it is.

Pompey is a must for next year.

Well, I believe that Mansfield is in Nottinghamshire .......... and that for me is the Midlands. I take anything from Yorkshire upwards to be "the north".

Yes, I think this is very much a "northern based" league this year ........ it would be even more so if Bradford and Rotherham had not been promoted. :'(

Hoping Portsmouth away takes place while I'm at uni and not during the holidays, as I'm just round the corner from Fratton Park :smile:

Went there last season for our FA youth cup match, and was impressed with the noise just a thousand pompey fans made there (put Roots Hall to shame). A proper match day should be an awesome atmosphere!

Would imagine Pompey would have replaced Gillingham or Aldershot in the fixtures computer calculations, which could mean Pompey away might be a bank holiday.

God, imagine the confusion if the thread title was 'Going Down this season' and turned out to be about Timlin?

Back