• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gong award

Brave Brave Sir Robin.....

• Total voters

MK Shrimper

Striker
So it's Queeny's birthday and she's been reading ShrimperZone......and rather than just award you Rep or a "like" she says to her favourite Corgi, "Blimey Tyson, that ******* knows what they're talking about. Phllip - they deserve a Gong!"

So would you take it and be (for example) Yorkshire Blue MBE/Sir Pubey/Dame OldBlueLady/Baron Von Crickhoven......

No option for being neutral?

A mate of mine was awarded the MBE a couple of years ago. He was obviously subjected to plenty of **** taking and ridicule, but as someone else pointed out, he got the award for doing his job. How many people fall into that category?

Day out at the Palace? The opportunity to say to people "Watch it mush, it's Sir James to you"?

I'm all in.

I'd be all over an award like a cheap suit which I would undoubtedly be wearing when receiving my honorific at the palace.

No option for being neutral?

A mate of mine was awarded the MBE a couple of years ago. He was obviously subjected to plenty of **** taking and ridicule, but as someone else pointed out, he got the award for doing his job. How many people fall into that category?

Nope, accept or decline. Neutrality is for Switzerland only.

I disagree with the monarchy, but agree with people who do good stuff getting public recognition for that.

So I'm in.

Last edited:
I'd have a bit of that. Good opportunity to see Mrs HRM's back garden and impress the Yanks as you go in.

So it's Queeny's birthday and she's been reading ShrimperZone......and rather than just award you Rep or a "like" she says to her favourite Corgi, "Blimey Tyson, that ******* knows what they're talking about. Phllip - they deserve a Gong!"

So would you take it and be (for example) Yorkshire Blue MBE/Sir Pubey/Dame OldBlueLady/Baron Von Crickhoven......

**** off.

If Pubey is going to be a Sir, I'd want at least a Victoria Cross.

Back