• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ref Watch Good Friday Refwatch ........ Ebbsfleet (A)

Mick

Life President
Not much to say about the competitive history between the two clubs, just our comfortable 3-0 home win earlier this season. Fingers crossed for two “doubles” in just under 4 days !

Good Friday’s referee is Lauren Impey. She got a mid-season promotion at the start of this year and will be refereeing he second ever National League match. This promotion came only 6 months after her previous promotion to do National League North/South, so I guess the diversity campaign has not done her any harm.

She is a Corporal and a Physical Education Instructor in the RAF, based at Wittering near Peterborough.

Although she has only done that one NL match (Boreham Wood v Maidenhead, 5 yellows), she has done many top Women’s matches

Assisting will be Lee Hartley from Stamford and David Hutton, formerly from Essex but now from Downham Market in Norfolk (who I believe used to be a regular watcher at Roots Hall).

Fourth Official is Constantine Hatzidakis from Bromley, the former Premier League Assistant, who got into a bit of controversy when he appeared to elbow Andy Robertson in a Liverpool match. He is now working his way up through the ranks as a referee. Played rugby for Harlequins.

Ref was unfortunately totally out of her depth today.

You'd think they'd assign someone more experienced at this level to a game between top form teams with a big crowd expected.

Ref was unfortunately totally out of her depth today.

You'd think they'd assign someone more experienced at this level to a game between top form teams with a big crowd expected.
To be fair she didn't award any of the penalty shouts Ebbsfleet seemed to want when they threw themselves to the floor in the first half.

To be fair she didn't award any of the penalty shouts Ebbsfleet seemed to want when they threw themselves to the floor in the first half.
I'll grant her that, but also missed an absolute stonewall pen for the first challenge. If that was for us, I think we'd be fuming.

Also failed to book any of the Fleet players for clear simulation.

I'll grant her that, but also missed an absolute stonewall pen for the first challenge. If that was for us, I think we'd be fuming.

Also failed to book any of the Fleet players for clear simulation.
Yeah, I didn't get that. I thought the Kensdale challenge was a definite penalty - as you say, we'd have been livid if that had been the other way. And, if she thought the others were simulation, why didn't she book them?

She was pretty poor for both sides - a lot to learn.

Yeah, I didn't get that. I thought the Kensdale challenge was a definite penalty - as you say, we'd have been livid if that had been the other way. And, if she thought the others were simulation, why didn't she book them?

She was pretty poor for both sides - a lot to learn.
Agree, first one was stonewall; baffled how she didn't give it, but then again, she barely moved from the centre circle, so probably never saw it!!!

When both sets of fans chant ‘you don’t know what you’re doing’ you know the official’s having a howler.

Back