• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Good Samaritans

i agree its good from the all of the lower league clubs,
but do you not think its really sad that Bolton, Everton, Portsmouth, Southampton, Spurs and WBA didnt write it all off ? For f**ks sake they're Premiership mega money clubs and they couldnt write off a measly £56k between them ! I'm saddened by their 'generosity'.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Nov. 19 2004,13:41)]i agree its good from the all of the lower league clubs,
but do you not think its really sad that Bolton, Everton, Portsmouth, Southampton, Spurs and WBA didnt write it all off ?  For f**ks sake they're Premiership mega money clubs and they couldnt write off a measly £56k between them !  I'm saddened by their 'generosity'.
Why couldn't we write off a measly £35? What about rochdale and their £7? Exeter asked all clubs to halve the amount, they weren't looking for clubs to write it all off.

Anybody know why they should owe all those premiership clubs anything? I don't remember Exeter playing all of them in cup competitions at home.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Joolz @ Nov. 19 2004,14:01)]Anybody know why they should owe all those premiership clubs anything? I don't remember Exeter playing all of them in cup competitions at home.
Player signings/loans? Who knows, I'd wager there's a lot of dealings between clubs that goes on that we as fans never find out about, and that extends further than just player signings and gate receipts.

BTW, the money owed to Portsmouth could even be Carl Pettefers wages while he was on loan at Exeter?  
rock.gif
 I don't know how it works....

Think of all the good publicity we could have got if we had written off the whole amount! It looks a bit paltry to take the £17.50.

Having said that we, the fans, did get treated rather badly the last time that we were at St James Park, Exeter!
mad.gif

Haha,

That is hillarious. Any one wanna guess what the 17.50 was for??

What about Rochdale, thats worse than us...

See you all at Yeovil..., Yeovil for the Weekend la lalala
blues.gif

I reckon the one for Rochdale was for a round of drinks the Exeter Chairman bought for himself and two mates.

I agree £35 or £7 does seem bad to not just write it off.

We're a club £8m in debt. If we had said, keep the £35 there would have been an outcry and rightly so- we're a business and need all the money we can get. If we had claimed all the money, we would have been cast as pariahs.

It's a lose-lose situation. Let's have a whipround and give Exeter the rest of the cash! ;o)

£17.50 could pay for Tes' cab fare or a couple of new bulbs in the score board for when Fredy blows it up when he goes on a scoring rampage!

Back