• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Got three of the DVD's today ...

Any idea what format the DVD's recorded in? If it's DVD-R (like the Collymore DVD) it wont play properly on my ancient DVD player.
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Aug. 19 2005,12:52)]Any idea what format the DVD's recorded in?  If it's DVD-R (like the Collymore DVD) it wont play properly on my ancient DVD player.  
sad.gif
It's not DVD-R. The DVD has been sent to a professional DVD replicator to ensure the highest standards of campatability. This means creation of an original glass master before being copied onto dual layer discs. It is how all the movie DVD's are produced.
It "should" play on all DVD players. If it doesn't play in yours then can I suggest that it really is a crap player and nip down to Tesco's and get a new one for £30!!!!
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hockley_Hobbit @ Aug. 19 2005,12:58)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Aug. 19 2005,12:52)]Any idea what format the DVD's recorded in?  If it's DVD-R (like the Collymore DVD) it wont play properly on my ancient DVD player.  
sad.gif
It's not DVD-R.  The DVD has been sent to a professional DVD replicator to ensure the highest standards of campatability.  This means creation of an original glass master before being copied onto dual layer discs.  It is how all the movie DVD's are produced.  
It "should" play on all DVD players.  If it doesn't play in yours then can I suggest that it really is a crap player and nip down to Tesco's and get a new one for £30!!!!  
laugh.gif
Cheers.

BTW, my player's about 5 years old and cost a mere £230 although its full retail price then was £400! But, as you say, things have moved on. Currently deciding whether to get a decent DVD recorder or a more up market player (although I think this may be money wasted as Blue-Ray and High-Def DVD will be here early next year). Ooops, wrong forum.
biggrin.gif

And it looks like Blue ray will win the day even though neither are out in the UK yet.
Back on topic...you should not have any problems.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Aug. 19 2005,15:55)]Blu-Ray

if anybody wants to know what its all about 58GB storage yes please
biggrin.gif
Nice, no more double-disc sets once that comes in then!

Just think, a season review DVD would be able to accomodate the majority of every match played!
tounge.gif

Back