• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Grant's save from Ricketts

palexander

Life President
Out of this world!

To be fair, Ricko should have headed down for a certain goal, but still a superb save...

Tbh I dont think Rickett's could've put it anywhere else. he was at full stretch and if it were any other player it would've just skimmed the top of their head and gone out for a throw.

Cracking reaction save though, but with three top quality keepers at the club he needed to play well today to keep his spot.

bbc essex were raving about that, chris phillips reckons it was the best save he has ever seen live

Super save!! thought ricketts looked alot fitter and sharper today and his first touch was class
smile.gif

Amazing save. Up there with Roycie against Bradford as the best I've seen. I thought for every moment that it was a goal. Couldn't believe he'd kept it out.

Wish i could of said the same, sadly i was half way back to my car at that point trying to come to terms with a side who lacked passion and belief something which we have had in abundance over the past two seasons

I don't think theres anythnig wrong with the passion. Theres little belief there right now though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Oct. 01 2006,09:35)]Amazing save. Up there with Roycie against Bradford as the best I've seen. I thought for every moment that it was a goal. Couldn't believe he'd kept it out.
Better than Roycey at home to Derby? Wow.

This is what we can look forward to if Ricketts continues to get fitter and we get balls in. This chance started from JCR putting the ball in and not trying to take on his man.

The save was absolutely breathtaking. Getting a hand to Ricketts' header was an achievement in itself but how he managed to divert the ball over the bar as well is beyond me. I'm just glad from our point of view that it was ultimately academic.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rusty Lee @ Oct. 01 2006,10:32)]Wish i could of said the same, sadly i was half way back to my car at that point trying to come to terms with a side who lacked passion and belief something which we have had in abundance over the past two seasons
Some may question your passion and belief Rusty in walking out before the end of the match , I'm sure that'll help the players no end ..........!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (prittlewellshrimper @ Oct. 01 2006,21:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rusty Lee @ Oct. 01 2006,10:32)]Wish i could of said the same, sadly i was half way back to my car at that point trying to come to terms with a side who lacked passion and belief something which we have had in abundance over the past two seasons
Some may question your passion and belief  Rusty in walking out before the end of the match , I'm sure that'll help the players no end ..........!!
I hope that isnt a serious post
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rusty Lee @ Oct. 01 2006,21:46)]
[b said:
[b said:
Some may question your passion and belief  Rusty in walking out before the end of the match , I'm sure that'll help the players no end ..........!!
laugh.gif
rock.gif

Why not? I felt like wandering out before the end, and I accept that it's your choice, but how can I criticise the players for lack of commitment if I can't even be bothered to stay until the final whistle? The players didn't want to be beaten like that and they came over to the (sadly diminished) away fans at the end and applauded us even though after the second goal we could hardly make any noise. They didn't want the game to go the way it did, and I was glad I had stayed to give them a clap.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Oct. 01 2006,22:31)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
laugh.gif
rock.gif

Why not? I felt like wandering out before the end, and I accept that it's your choice,  but how can I criticise the players for lack of commitment if I can't even be bothered to stay until the final whistle? The players didn't want to be beaten like that and they came over to the (sadly diminished) away fans at the end and applauded us even though after the second goal we could hardly make any noise. They didn't want the game to go the way it did, and I was glad I had stayed to give them a clap.
Theres no one more than the "the fan" who wanted us to get a result yesterday.

I go to watch a game of football, two teams battling for a result, and with 5 mins left that wasnt the case.

If you believe the more people stay to clap a team at the end of a 3-0 defeat will help our team improve, im afraid IMHO your very much disillusioned

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rusty Lee @ Oct. 01 2006,23:07)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
laugh.gif
rock.gif

Why not? I felt like wandering out before the end, and I accept that it's your choice,  but how can I criticise the players for lack of commitment if I can't even be bothered to stay until the final whistle? The players didn't want to be beaten like that and they came over to the (sadly diminished) away fans at the end and applauded us even though after the second goal we could hardly make any noise. They didn't want the game to go the way it did, and I was glad I had stayed to give them a clap.

I go to watch a game of football, two teams battling for a result, and with 5 mins left that wasnt the case.

If you believe the more people stay to clap a team at the end of a 3-0 defeat will help our team improve, im afraid IMHO your very much disillusioned
I do and I'm not. I stay to clap them because seeing your fans walk out early is a pretty good confidence drainer, and because I am clapping them not just for the one performance but because of what they have achieved over the past couple of years.

If you believe that fans leaving early has no effect, then I'm afraid IMHO you're very much disillusioned.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Oct. 01 2006,23:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rusty Lee @ Oct. 01 2006,23:07)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
laugh.gif
rock.gif

I do and I'm not. I stay to clap them because seeing your fans walk out early is a pretty good confidence drainer, and because I am clapping them not just for the one performance but because of what they have achieved over the past couple of years.

If you believe that fans leaving early has no effect, then  I'm  afraid IMHO you're very much disillusioned.
I think your find that losing 3-0 kills the confidence. Not fans clapping at the end of games.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rusty Lee @ Oct. 01 2006,23:24)]I think your find that losing 3-0 kills the confidence. Not fans clapping at the end of games.
It's a combination of lots of things, R-L, and I have no doubt that losing 3-0 dents the confidence a tad, but that doesn't eliminate the crowd reaction from the equation. The players still came over and applauded the crowd. The players are thinking (yeah I know it's speculation, but I believe it to be true) "We had a crap game today and things are bad but at least the fans still have faith." This applies especially to the away crowd who have always been great at getting behind the team. If we all start to wander off when things are going pear shaped, then the players lose even that consolation.

Look at what has happened to Norwich - IMO, their crap results are not entirely unconnected with the dire atmosphere from their fans. The next manager will have the crowd on his side and performances will almost certainly improve.

Back