• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Grant close to signing new deal

good news, only needs 10 chicken nuggets a week and a bottle of orange soda

Incidentally, during the pre-match handshakes (a ninnyish addition to the matchday experience of which I don't really approve) Grant and Stuart Campbell had a big hug as if they were long lost buddies.

Would they have ever played alongside eachother?

One thing I've noticed is that when he came he was a bit lightweight and he took a while to really be able to impact on the game (a bit like pre-Wycombe Moussa). However he looks like he has knuckled down, and has shown that he has a range of passing and can push forward. His defensive play is excellent, he's getting better in the air and his positioning off the ball is almost Bailey-esque, he reads the game extremely well.

Also to be able to play at CB (I doubt he's ever played there before in a competitive game) and look pretty assured and disciplined is very impressive. On Saturday when Barney scored, instead of celebrating he went and chatted about Mildy, he's looking to improve and you can tell he's desperate to do well.

When he arrive I thought he was going to be a bit of a Lewis Hunt style utility player who would be great on the bench but lacked the quality on the pitch. However I'm really please to be proven wrong, he's become a vital part of the team and to see a 22yo player really stepping up and becoming a beast of a player is terrific.

Also he cost us nothing, so good business by Tilly.

Incidentally, during the pre-match handshakes (a ninnyish addition to the matchday experience of which I don't really approve) Grant and Stuart Campbell had a big hug as if they were long lost buddies.

yep i noticed that too. Nothing suggests it, they've never played for the same club... perhaps they've just had 'previous' in an old competitive game.

Stuart Campbell really is a ****, just thought I'd add!

Looking at Soccerbase, can't see any obvious link as they've never played in the same team, and as there's 10 years difference age wise certainly wouldn't have been any kind of youth team.

Perhaps Grant was just being friendly!

Looking at Soccerbase, can't see any obvious link as they've never played in the same team, and as there's 10 years difference age wise certainly wouldn't have been any kind of youth team.

Perhaps Grant was just being friendly!

perhaps he was giving hints as to what to expect from Barrett about 5-10 yards outside our area

Certainly hope this is true, Grant has really proven his worth at the end of last season, and so far this year. Let's hope it's a long contract.

Good news this. Granty has shown himself to be top notch from about March onwards and most of this season and thought he did very well on Saturday.

I think he struggled a little with the physical aspect of league 1 when he first joined, but then after playing for 10 years in Chelsea's youth set up you could understand that. And I don't mean tackling, but the way he used to be pushed about a bit.

What he has got is a cracking ability to be so calm on the ball ALL the time, sometimes a little too clam, but he can often recover if he does give the ball away because of his pace. Also you can see he has played at the highest level (albeit at youth level) because of the way he wins free kicks (and by this I do not mean diving, if you actually watch him 9/10 times he is caught, albeit very slightly, he just knows when to go down, the same with freedman), reads the game and his athleticism.

Great player and hopefully will defiantly sign that contract! just need to get Sawyer in along side him now and I feel he will become and even better by having someone so positive and forward thinking next to his own defensive, relaxed style.

Bollocks. This is not good news.

That's his agent trying to see if there are any better offers out there.

Grant having signed a new contract would be excellent news, his agent announcing Grant has yet to sign is bad news.

Bollocks. This is not good news.

That's his agent trying to see if there are any better offers out there.

Grant having signed a new contract would be excellent news, his agent announcing Grant has yet to sign is bad news.

to be honest I don't think his agent is quite the businessman

snoop-dogg.jpg

Its funny he always looks knackered but has amazing energy, my guess one of the fittest players on the books. I think there is more to some from him as his confidence grows. All in East Green's love Anthony "Snoop Dog" Grant

Good news if true, very important player for us. imo probably our most underrated player still.

Back