• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I liked Granty when he was here, but I agree with many others on here when they say there is no place for him now. As for Ferdinand - never rated him that highly and certainly would not get in this team, and as for Hall - can't see the present management staff putting up with his attitude etc. Good player, (when he wanted to be), but not a good pro! No thank you to all three.

It not really a pointless discussion is it?? Its someone asking for opinions on an ex southend player ?? Your supposed to be a mod aren't you?

And as per the reasons I quoted there isnt much point in us going for a player when a)we cant sign anyone and b) midfield is our strongest area. That in itself makes it pointless. I never meant it couldnt be discussed and didnt close the thread did I ?

By all means discuss it,but the end result will be the same, we cant sign him and dont need him.

If the question was simply would he get in the team then thats a bit different of course (although thats not what the title implied), again I dont see that we would need him with the current squad.

Spot on - but that sums Jam Man up, tries to bully people out of topics!!! Some Mod :thumbdown:

Personally I rate Granty, despite the Embargo's and abundance of midfielders within our squad, the question of the topic was "Do we show an interest". Personally, I don't think it would happen as Brown and other hierachy (Martin aside) have not worked with him before. If it was a possibility I would welcome him back even with his bad attitude off the pitch.

As per above, there is no way we can sign him and even if we could we are strong in midfield so wouldnt be looking for another one, which is pretty much what everyone else has said. Yet again you have accused me of bullying, bizarre. You do realise people having a different opinion to you isnt actually bullying right?

If we were able to sign anyone of the 3 mentioned then Hall would make far more sense as he could actually have an impact on the squad.

I liked Granty when he was here, but I agree with many others on here when they say there is no place for him now. As for Ferdinand - never rated him that highly and certainly would not get in this team, and as for Hall - can't see the present management staff putting up with his attitude etc. Good player, (when he wanted to be), but not a good pro! No thank you to all three.

What he is saying above, innit.

It depends on how long Leonard is out for as hamstring injuries can linger. Grant would be an ideal shortish-term replacement, hypothetically speaking of course.

Given the opportunity I would take him back.

The thing is we don't have anyone in midfield who wins free kicks in dangerous positions or uses this technique to break play up or slow the game down when required. He would add that experience to the side and perhaps teach the younger players the art of 'simulation' when it is needed.

Considering we're down Leonard, Hurst and Laird tonight I'm gutted that Payne didn't get the start with Timlin in the holding role. Grant would be some way down our pecking order.

Grant yes. Hall no. Ferdinand all went wrong when someone tried to make a midfielder out of a central defender. I'd have Maher back too. By the time we get to his testimonial he'll have forgotten how to use his testimonials !

The midfield we have is so dependent on fitness and work rate. I loved Grant while he was here, but work rate was never his finest quality, so maybe not a Phil Brown type player.

Hall I would take.

Ferdinand - I thought he was average at best when here, so no.

Anthony Grant has been made available for loan by Crewe - apparently for having a bad attitude. Would we have him back...is there a place available or is our midfield strong and dominating enough?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25089401

I'd have him back if it was possible. In my opinion he offers more than our current midfield. Just because our midfield is strong, does not mean we shouldn't strengthen given the chance. Every area of the team can be strengthened.

So now Grant Hall and Ferdinand have all basically failed since leaving us, Just shows the grass isn't always greener!

I bet their bank managers would say the grass is greener!

Back