• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shame because I thought he didn't do badly yesterday. Against Hereford I would like to see:

Bellford
Clohessy Phillips Prosser Hills
Hall Sawyer Timlin Martin
Harris Benyon

From what I have seen, Clohessy looks far more comfortable with Hall in front of him and Hills and Martin have worked well together. Benyon holds the ball up extremely well considering his size and then brings the midfield into play cleverly.​

What did he actually get booked for. I now the official site says after a confrontation but iirc Grant was fouled, the Accrington player was sent off and after grant got to his feet he was booked.

I think the ref had decided enough had gone on between Grant and their no 5, I think it was, and he booked them both. Pointless booking, totally uncalled for imo.

Grant on Twitter -

"Thanks For The Support Today From All The Fans Very Disappointed.... Also I Don't Know What I Was Booked For.... :-("

Seems pointless to appeal (if we could) because he'd only pick up another yellow before the end of the season. At least he's missing matches we should supposedly be winning anyway.

Shame because I thought he didn't do badly yesterday. Against Hereford I would like to see:

Bellford
Harris Benyon

From what I have seen, Clohessy looks far more comfortable with Hall in front of him and Hills and Martin have worked well together. Benyon holds the ball up extremely well considering his size and then brings the midfield into play cleverly.​
I think that is the team 95% of Zoners would like to see turn out next week...........whether it's the team that Luggy will choose, is a completely different question! Are we sure that Hills will have recovered from his injury for next week?
At this stage of the season and the position we are in, I don't think that there it any good going to places like Hereford and playing for a point. May as well go down all guns blazing (when was the last time that all guns were blazing???....Oh well, you know what I mean), isn't it better three points gained than two points lost........even at the risk of three points lost?

Bellford
Harris Benyon

I'd bet my bottom dollar Barker comes back in.

Move Sawyer into CM and start Hall out wide against Hereford and we'd have an attacking midfield for a change.

Back to the topic!................... we lose Grant against Hereford and Aldershot, which I suppose could have been worse. I don't know whether he may have benifited from an amnesty but if not, that ban was always going to be hanging over his head. Imagine if he had got that card against Hereford or Aldershot and we were facing Cheltenham without him. At least the ban will be out of the way and, barring injury, he will be available for our remaining ten games.

We all know Luggy will put Kane in there. Away to Hereford and home to Aldershot we really should pummel both of them but we are bound to make it difficult.

Seems pointless to appeal (if we could) because he'd only pick up another yellow before the end of the season. At least he's missing matches we should supposedly be winning anyway.[/COLOR]

Yellow cards cannot be appealed. There were some Accrington players suggesting Grant had made a meal of what was unquestionably a reckless tackle (as if he would !!) and Grant became involved. Didn't think it needed the two extra cards though.

Yellow cards cannot be appealed. There were some Accrington players suggesting Grant had made a meal of what was unquestionably a reckless tackle (as if he would !!) and Grant became involved. Didn't think it needed the two extra cards though.

Their is history, it was at Accrington earlier in the season when exactly the same happened and Grant got accused of making to much of it. That was what led to the afters as the teams went back to the dressing rooms and we got fined.

I spoke to Hills before the game whilst getting his autograph with my son. He said thats he is ok and def would be fit for next week. agree with the team suggested on here. would be happy with that.

At this stage of the season and the position we are in, I don't think that there it any good going to places like Hereford and playing for a point. May as well go down all guns blazing (when was the last time that all guns were blazing???....Oh well, you know what I mean), isn't it better three points gained than two points lost........even at the risk of three points lost?

With our inconsistent (poor) home form, we should go into all of our remaining away games playing for wins.

Away to Hereford and home to Aldershot we really should pummel both of them but we are bound to make it difficult.

Not sure about 'pummelling' them, but a win at Hereford is within our capabilities. Also Alders**t have ended their recent revival with 2 away defeats, so a home win against them is vital, for our promotion push.

With our inconsistent (poor) home form, we should go into all of our remaining away games playing for wins.

In this division we should have nothing to fear, to be honest we should be playing for a win in every game we play, a negative approach often leads to a negative result.

Back