• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Grant: We showed signs of improvement

Evening Echo

The News
ANTHONY Grant felt Southend United showed signs of improvement at Morecambe on Saturday – despite suffering a 1-0 defeat.

More...

Really??!!...

not the game i witnessed .. i mean suffered

Gillingham fans received refunds after their team scored 3 at Accrington, we didn't even have 3 shots no matter what the stats on the OS say ... just a thought like :whistling:

ANTHONY Grant felt Southend United showed signs of improvement at Morecambe on Saturday – despite suffering a 1-0 defeat.

More...

It was an improvement on the Aldershot debacle, not difficult really, but can't help thinking that Morecambe were there for the taking if only we were better going forward. One shot on target in the last Two games is unbelievably poor. How can they win a game with no attacking flair.

Happy that Granty played well, because I think when he is on form he is our best player. But he has been very very inconsistent and I believe if he wasn't as inconsistent as he has been he's good enough to play in the Championship.

Just need to keep putting in the effort.

Start the same side for a few games, chopping and changing isn't happening, and I'd really think about getting Anto Flood on ASAP.

Believe.

Grants right, we went from incredibly **** against Aldershot to just **** against Morecambe. Keep improving and we might force the Burton Albion keeper into one save.

GRANT IN ALL MODESTY?
Well he's hardly going to want a story in the Echo stating that "I was great the rest were C**P" or "We showed improvement with me in the side"...............but isn't that the truth? From what I heard, his performance was virtually the only positive of the afternoon. A telling little point in the text is where he says "I thought some (my italics) of us worked our heart out." You and who Anthony??? Obviously, the irony of him missing probably our best chance in the dying moments, was not lost on him. Anyway, welcome back Anthony!

Two games, one shot on goal. When do you take the blinkers off and realise that something has gone terribly wrong with our club?

Teams lose form, and teams lose games.

Its rubbish but doesnt mean the whole club has fallen apart. Aldershot have won 5 games in a row now so we met an iform team, Morcambe also got a draw away to Crawley.

Sometimes a little perspective is required...

Two games, one shot on goal. When do you take the blinkers off and realise that something has gone terribly wrong with our club?

Kwoah. Okay. Sorry. So stating that people fans, players, management should have belief is me being blinkered is it?
Something went terribly wrong the Day Uncle Ron deluded us all.

Aldershot have won 5 games in a row now so we met an iform team, Morcambe also got a draw away to Crawley.

Sometimes a little perspective is required...

Ok so Burton have gone 9 without a win and have only 1 in 12 .. they travel to Swindon tomorrow so you'd expect that to be 0/10 and 1/13 before they play us Saturday

If we lose then can we panic please ??

Back