• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Grant's Contract Terminated

How so? The guy comes in, has no respect from fans, possibly some of the players, pulls Chelsea from somewhere around 5th to only just losing out on the Prem and the Champions League, and what's his reward? His P45.

Mr Abramovich, you're a bloody joke.

was inevitable the day after he got signed... personally liked the guy but this definitely isn't a surprise

Chelsea are even more of a joke under Abramovich than they were under the previous regime. I know a lot of Chelsea fans who would take back those days of midtable mediocrity in a heart beat.

It's just flashed up that his win % ratio is 66.6%... Any manager would kill for that ratio.

How so? The guy comes in, has no respect from fans, possibly some of the players, pulls Chelsea from somewhere around 5th to only just losing out on the Prem and the Champions League, and what's his reward? His P45.

Mr Abramovich, you're a bloody joke.

He is a joke for having Grant as a manager and forcing mourinho out, Now chelsea have money the expectation is so high that you would need a manager who will come in and do the business. Everyone knew he wouldn't last even he said so himself.

That is the football is now sadly. The bloke did a great job and was only a penalty kick away from being a Champions League winning manager.

They want a big name personality to match their (supposed) image and sadly Avram does not fit that bill.

Good luck to him, he has acted with dignity throughout when it must have been so difficult no only to replace Jose but also knowing that the players never really wanted him and there was undoubted movement throughout his time in charge to replace him, not only behind the scenes but from the media as well.

Hope he takes Chelski for all the money he can and gets another top job soon. He certainly never failed there and deserves a club where he can manage without all the sh*t that went with this job.

Good luck Avram.

At least this gives Avram Grant a chance to go back to his old job, as the baddie on Biker Mice From Mars.

Limburger.jpg

The likeness is uncanny.

The likes of Internazionale manager Roberto Mancini and Frank Rijkaard will now be strongly tipped to take over at Chelsea. Zola has also been put in frame for the job.

Shameful treatment, I truly hope that the Chelsea supporters will wake up one day and turn on Abramovich and send him packing.

Its disgraceful really, hes a miserable git but you can't argue with his record since he took over.

I wonder what the odds are of Mourinho going back?

OK, so who's replacing him?

Personally, I hope it's someone with enough balls to stand up to Abramovitch and tell him just how much of an idiot he is.

I agree. Some people believe money can buy you anything and in most cases it can. However with all his millions,billions etc no amount money would have brought a smile to his face the other night. Priceless.

What an awful season he has had....only runner up in 3 trophy's..:stunned:

I know we've discussed this at length on the Slipperduke thread - but now it's happened im slightly furious...even though i detest Chelsea!! The man dragged them up into contention for the league, champions league, carling cup - and gets the chop. Absolute bollox if you ask me. Slipper made a good point from the media and sponsorship standpoint of him being, well, too boring to market the brand that is Chelsea on interviews etc. but i didn't think he would be sacked still.

Mourinho won at least one trophy a season in his time at Chelsea, Grant comes in and win's nothing :D

Still think it was a harsh decision though, finished runners up in the premiership and champions league, doing something Mourinho didn't do in getting em there in the first place.

I would love to see all the "big stars" leave Chelsea and see them fall right down the Sh!t pan.

grant was only brought in a short term fix, never a long term manager.
he will go back on the coaching staff / upstairs at chelsea.
gus hiddink will be next manager.

Back