• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Granty and Francis.

DTS

The Business
Could they have done any more tonight. In fact could they have done much more all season.

I have always liked them both but I think they have shown some real steel that others seem to have lacked in this dog fight.

Granty covers every blade of grass and his reading and footballing intellegence have lead me to believe he is infact possesed by the soul of Bobby More.

Francis is such a willing runner and his delivery is so good at times. I know people will moan about his defensive lapses but I think he adds so much to the side.

I think if we are hoping t mount any sort of promotion campaign next season we are going to need to keep hold of these two lads.

The only two players, bar Moussa, I'd move Heaven and Earth to keep around next season.

Got to agree Dave, Franni's delivery it often the key to us creating chances and Granty is all energy and workrate and is probably my player of the season.

Totally agree. Grant and Francis were a class above the rest of the dross last night. Would keep them both, plus Mouse and Scanell and Baz. The rest are not good enough and that includes Macca. As said before, build the team around Grant in the centre. And don't sign Baldwin. His brain goes awol too many times.

Agree they both had an excellent game last night, however, also thought M'voto and Macca did too. It was a return to form for Jean-Yves, a reminder of why he was brought in originally.

I'm sorry, I am usually such a 'cup is always half full' sort of bloke, but after last night am I the only one who thought we were really poor throughout the whole game with ony one or two good bits to brighten it up?

I will agree with Francis, thought he had a very good solid game. I cannot agree with Grant. Yes, the effort was there but he blew the Brentford second goal for us, trying to dribble out of trouble, gave the ball away and they scored.

I am so disappointed at the moment, I just cannot see us getting another win this season. Maybe dropping to L2 will do us and some of our 'big time players' the kick up the backside they need. A very, very poor season.

When I walked in the ground last night I was handed a blue flyer with "Believe" written on it..........someone should have informed the players before the game because the ones they were given had "Accept" on theres because that first half I can only compare with a steaming heap of wombats s**t. We was lucky with the goals, lets not kid ourselfs, yes we was better than the first half but Laurents first goal would have hit the corner flag if it had not taken a deflection and his second I dont think my 2year old newphew would have missed.
I cannot remember a worse striking duo playing for us in the last 8 years(sorry). We must have a massive clearout over the summer, we'll when I say clearout I mean who ever does not want to teminate there contact as I feel there will be a que to leave, we must keep I.M.O keep,

Mildy
Moooooose
Grant
Barrett
Francis
Jonny Herd
The rest its plain to see they are not good enough or in McCormacks case becoming a Liability!

Last edited:
I love how anthony grant plays. Watching both him and cristophe, when grant recieves the ball he's already got an idea of what hes going to do with it. Great control of the ball and he's quick, evading tackles.

The same cannot be said for cristophe who likes to recieve the ball, stop and think about what to do with it. once he makes up his mind the ball has already been taken!

Agree they both had an excellent game last night, however, also thought M'voto and Macca did too. It was a return to form for Jean-Yves, a reminder of why he was brought in originally.

Wouldn't be because he's fit now would it ?

They will go if we get relegated. If they are still here by September, I was be extremely delighted.

I'm sorry, I am usually such a 'cup is always half full' sort of bloke, but after last night am I the only one who thought we were really poor throughout the whole game with ony one or two good bits to brighten it up?

First Half was awful, we did nothing right. Second half however we started to string passes together and looked much better. We didnt play great or anything but we were the better side.

I will agree with Francis, thought he had a very good solid game. I cannot agree with Grant. Yes, the effort was there but he blew the Brentford second goal for us, trying to dribble out of trouble, gave the ball away and they scored.

Grant was at fault for the goal but that was one mistake in the whole game, he was easily our best midfielder last night.

I am so disappointed at the moment, I just cannot see us getting another win this season. Maybe dropping to L2 will do us and some of our 'big time players' the kick up the backside they need. A very, very poor season.

Agreed, but remember its not the players fault entirely, we have been unable to sign players even on loan due to embargos, didnt have a settled squad until January and they have had worries about being paid for months.

I still don't understand why our best two central midfielders are playing out wide.

The current team looks really ordinary until Grant and Moussa (and Francis) get involved. Whenever those 3 link up, we start to look a threat. Before Scannell got injured you could probably include him. We looked so much better when we either kept the ball out of central midfield or Grant or Moussa drifted into the middle and started dictating things.

We've got to get Grant, Moussa and Francis more involved. With the first two that surely has to mean playing them centrally.

Moussa seemed to only touch the ball about 5 times last night, yet that was to set-up both goals and put Laurent through on goal.

Back