• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

gray

No seriously come on people!!! you have to put it into persepective! what do we have to lose?? i'll tell u! we have nothing to lose. If Guttridge starts in the middle with Maher and Smith and Petts are on the bench then we wont need Beno as back up for midfield. We have nothing to lose! Col******r took a chance on playing that Halford guy upfront insttead of in defence and theat worked.
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scamps @ Aug. 29 2005,22:47)]how about barrett up front and spinner and eagle at the back?
rock.gif
laugh.gif

Very funny.

You were joking, weren't you?
wow.gif

no, we know that barrett is good with the ball at his feet and in the air, and eagle has been playing well at the back. u never know might happen for 1 game. just don't think lawson is good enough up front yet.

I don't think Lawson is ready either, but Eagle and Spinner are both a touch on the slow side and I think we really need Barrett back there if he's available.
His surging runs do look good and he is composed on the ball but whether he could produce the movement and shot accuracy required by a striker is another question.

Perhaps it'd be ok to try in a friendly or if we're winning well we could try it and see, but it might not be such a good idea if the game is in the balance.

Lawson looks nowhere near ready for the firt team. Hopefully soon he will be but if Gray is going to be out for a few weeks we need to get someone in or tweak the formation.

We will sign another striker before deadline. Tilly will have two or three ideal strikers, but if that doesn't work out he will have a number of alternatives to loan. He knows the club need another striker. He won't change the formation - and that is why we will definitely have another striker by Wednesday evening.

Well its good that you are confident of signing another striker because i'm not! Tilly has said that he won't sign anyone just to make up the numbers and unless he has been in the market for a certain player for a while then i think it will be very doubtful!

Does anyone know anything about the lad Darren Campbell, mentioned in today's programme as "eyeing up a loan move to Blues - and one which may have been completed before this match"?

rock.gif

He got a very positive write-up, and he sounds like he's quite fast!

biggrin.gif

Well, Bentley upfront could well be on Tilson's mind. Whilst Goater was scoring his first goal, he got a kick on his calf muscle and after celebrating looked over towards the bench and he mentioned about his calf. Immediately Bentley was called back to the bench from warming up, and would have replaced Goater if he'd been unable to carry on.

Back