• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

McNasty

1.00pm Saturday at Burroughs Ground Wakering sees our first friendly .

The match is being sponsored by Southend United Independent Supporters Association SUISA and the matchball is sponsored by TravelZone.

Subject to health the matchball will be carried onto the pitch by SUFC fan Dan Wolfendale.

There will be a raffle organised by SUISA with the proceeds going to a charity of the choice of the Gt Wakering Rovers Chairman.

SUISA members will be on hand in the Family Bar to assist with new memberships.

Wakering would like a crowd in excess of 1150 to set a new record so please come along to support SUFC in the first match of the season.

Looking forward to this I work oppisite the vice chairman of GWR and tge bottom line is that this game gives them there budget for the whole year. Please please get along to this if possible

1.00pm Saturday at Burroughs Ground Wakering sees our first friendly .

The match is being sponsored by Southend United Independent Supporters Association SUISA and the matchball is sponsored by TravelZone.

Subject to health the matchball will be carried onto the pitch by SUFC fan Dan Wolfendale.

There will be a raffle organised by SUISA with the proceeds going to a charity of the choice of the Gt Wakering Rovers Chairman.

SUISA members will be on hand in the Family Bar to assist with new memberships.

Wakering would like a crowd in excess of 1150 to set a new record so please come along to support SUFC in the first match of the season.

Is it a five a side game?

S.U.I.S.A. involved are they? Let's hope there are no demonstrations or opposition support for The P.P.F.I.S.U.A. or The I.V.S.U.F.A. at the game .................. could turn nasty if they grabbed the ball when it went out of play .......

Went to GWR for the first time last season and really enjoyed it, the bar is also pretty good from memory.

Great Wakering is always a "must do" in the pre-season schedule. We'll be there.

I recently Managed a charity match and enjoyed it so much i cant wait to go back also the staff helped us out alot on the day

Nice also to hear that Daniel Wolfendale will be involved, as an SJS member, I'd arranged for him to present the end of season SJS Player of the Year award, but his health wasn't up to it - in fact, I think that was just about when it all got very nasty. Be good to see him well on the road to recovery.

Just a note to let you all know the Rovers clubhouse will be showing the Lions v Australia 3rd test match prior to kick-off.

Have SUISA and the Trust decided which ends they are allocating for their own supporters-I assume there will be segregation in force?

If and IF I go to this it will only be for the chips and not Southend :smile:

No offence to GWR but I went last year and let's just say the burger or sausage I ate saw more of the inside of a toilet than my intestines as it quickly went right back out the way it went in. I'm not saying don't eat there as it might well have been a one off. Just make sure your food is cooked properly before you eat it. That or go for the chips!

I'm looking forward to this one, it will be my 3 year old's first match! She's excited about going to the football with daddy and it's free for her to get in. Plus I don't mind leaving if she gets bored...

I'm looking forward to this one, it will be my 3 year old's first match! She's excited about going to the football with daddy and it's free for her to get in. Plus I don't mind leaving if she gets bored...

Reckon you'll be lucky to see more than half of the first half .............

You're never bored watching SUFC :'(

It's not competitive fare- the fun I think is more a cheap day out and an opportunity to hunt and access various trialists - certainly gives us something to talk about
PB has already said its 3 half games. For each player in a few days and part of the fitness prep for the season. It has a purpose but not necessary as a feat for the spectators

Back