• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Greenacre

Having wanted him so much in the summer, and failing to get him, is anyone concerned about him playing against us tomorrow. The start to his season has been terrific, scoring both strikers goals, and fantastic goals.

Not sure if this is the fixture, Tilly should be talking about getting our first home clean sheet

Aiming for shut out

There's plenty of strikers we should be worried about in this league - just as there were last term. He's had a good start but that doesn't mean we can't keep him quiet.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Sep. 16 2005,11:25)]There's plenty of strikers we should be worried about in this league - just as there were last term. He's had a good start but that doesn't mean we can't keep him quiet.
A work colleague of mine in our Liverpool branch reckons Greenacre is playing well and back to fitness, his record this season may bear that out.

I think Tranmere will be our hardest game yet, and possibly Tilly may be optimistic about keeping a clean sheet.

Agreed... it'll be tough as Tranmere play 5 across the centre of the park, away from home, so Maher and Gutteridge will have to be on the top of their respective games.

But we're on a good run of form, confidence is high and we should have Freddy to come on from the bench.

Another game against a team in the top-half, as well...

I think all we can do is play our normal attacking football, like we have neen doing for the most part of this season. If we do that, then I think we will be fine. Previous results are proof to this.

He's a good striker but i think if we keep him quiet then we'll be ok.
Also i think if we can keep McAteer quiet we will do well
Another danger man is Delroy Facey quick player who can score a goal.
But we will win no probs.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lucus @ Sep. 16 2005,11:46)]I think all we can do is play our normal attacking football, like we have neen doing for the most part of this season. If we do that, then I think we will be fine. Previous results are proof to this.
I agree.

My worry is that sometimes Tilly is far too defensive in certain situations, and im worried that seeing five in a midfield may be one of those situations.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ Sep. 16 2005,11:49)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (lucus @ Sep. 16 2005,11:46)]I think all we can do is play our normal attacking football, like we have neen doing for the most part of this season. If we do that, then I think we will be fine. Previous results are proof to this.
I agree.

My worry is that sometimes Tilly is far too defensive in certain situations, and im worried that seeing five in a midfield may be one of those situations.
Indeed.

And I think it is no coincidence we are now making a lot more chances in front of goal now we are playing with 2 natural wingers. I remember most part of last season our goals came mostly through the middle or from set pieces. And when those attacks weren't working we were struggling for results (back end of the season). With the widemen playing a part in this seasons good start there is a lot more balance to our attacks. Lets hope this Saturday we can see more of our positive football and not show too much respect to Tranmere by sitting back, as on our day we are match to any team in this league.

Nah
wink.gif

What about our own striker who is coming back from a suspension and wants to prove something and get back in the team, i'd say he'll be a worry for Tranmere as much as C G is for us.
( that's if Freddy gets on)
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Sep. 16 2005,11:39)]
I think Tranmere will be our hardest game yet, and possibly Tilly may be optimistic about keeping a clean sheet.
Tranmere's away form has been anything but impressive. Indeed they've lost at both Swansea & Scunthorpe, so should we not be entertaining the idea that we can turn them over too?

But they've not lost either of their last two away, beating Chesterfield & drawing with Brentford.

Certainly, on current form, we're up there with Swansea, Scunthorpe & Brentford, so why not expect a win?

I reckon we'll se Freddy at some point tomorrow. He's got a point to prove after his suspension, so hopefully he'll play a blinder!

This is, without doubt, our hardest game of the season so far. Tranmere are a very good League One side, and have been in this division for far too long, whilst everyone was tipping Forest and Bristol City, I had a feeling that this would be Tranmere's year. Players like Greenacre, Facey and McAteer will be a threat, but if there opposite numbers have a good game, then there is no reason why they can't cancel them out.

It'll be a tough game tomorrow.

Back